Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Managing Passwords

• Please log in to reply

oldrailroadgeek

oldrailroadgeek

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

What is the best program for safely managing passwords.  Since most new passwords are longer and require Caps, lower case, numbers, & symbols and recommendations of changing every two months; I need help with password management.  Any good suggestions?

Oldrailroadgeek

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

oldrailroadgeek,

That is a very good question, as passwords keep getting more complex and it's important to have many passwords, rather than using one across many sites. I recommend Lastpass as a password keeper. You can have it installed across multiple computers and sync your passwords, it will generate random passwords for you, if you'd like, and you can log into sites from it. If you purchase the premium version (it's not expensive), you can also have your passwords synced on your phone. 

sari

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Hi,

Another option if you want to avoid having your passwords on the net is to use KeePass

fooddelivery666

fooddelivery666

• Pip
  • 2 posts

try www.mypadlock.com \the two above are also recommendable

Edited by fooddelivery666, 02 May 2014 - 12:17 PM.

oldrailroadgeek

oldrailroadgeek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Sari, SleepyDude, & fooddelivery666;

I thank the three of you for your recommendations.  I chose Last Pass as the program I will use, but again, thanks to all of you for taking the time to offer solutions.

Oldrailroadgeek-Sid