Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD 0x00000024

• Please log in to reply

Siliconprairie

Siliconprairie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I received STOP code 0x00000024 on the BSOD right before I was getting USB failure messages. Any ideas what the issue is? Or where to start looking?

The full code: STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203,0x8AD31CA0, 0xC0000102,0x00000000)

Advertisements

Trevorever

Trevorever

• PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Have you tried using Bluescreenview to see if it references a specific driver or something?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts

if you could provide us a little bit more info, such as what operating system your running, it would be helpful.  What did you have connected by usb? 

Siliconprairie

Siliconprairie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

@trevorever I will look into that. @global moderator My operating system is Windows XP, all of my devices are plugged into USB's like mouse, keyboard, etc. I have a fear someone downloaded something bad. It was working fine right before I connected my iphone to back it up and restore everything on my new phone. Hope this info helps you, help me.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts

This is normally a driver issue.  i would consider uninstalling itunes other apple software.  then download the latest version and install. Make sure you reboot before reinstalling:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1925