Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

• Please log in to reply

jaco1

jaco1

• PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

What did you want to be when you grew up and are you always what you wanted to be today? Or what do you want to be when you get older and are you feeling confident about becoming that person?

Of course when we're really young I think most of us want to be many things and so for me I'll start off when I was a bit older such as when I was in my second school and onwards.

The things that I had a very keen interest in being was an Interpreter as I loved learning other languages, A Psychologist as I like the idea of being the "possessor of magical words and deep right into peoples minds to be able to help them.

The last thing I became and still am interested in was computers and the Internet. If I could turn the clock back and I knew what I could have known when I was younger I may have indeed worked towards a career goal in information security.

I still like the idea of Psychology but I'd rather do that as voluntary work, helping people for free. And that's still probably going to be one of my goals as well as helping people online with stuff eventually.

I became close to achieving some of my goals but not quite completed any which I do regret. But I was young and putt off doing a lot of stuff. However I'm older now and more set in my ways and so plan to make sure I do achieve my goals this time around.

So that's me; what about you? Yours doesn't have to be as long as mine lol. I do admit that I do ramble at times lol.

Advertisements

Lemurian

Lemurian

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Same with me, man, the last thing I've ever thought of was dealing with computers, hardware, and IT.

And here I am -- an IT person with education in humanities:)))

Shiw Liang

Shiw Liang

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Initially I wanted to become a doctor and to save people. However, later on I didn't develop any love to biology compared to computer :D

macster

macster

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I was under the influence of a lot of movies during the late 80s, early 90s where people ended up in courtooms and some lawyer gave a convincing speech. That looked so cool! Later I found out you'd have to study law, like, for ages and that didn't sound like fun at all :D

brianlester

brianlester

• Pip
  • 9 posts

An astronaut  :laughing:

b0bl335wa663r

b0bl335wa663r

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

I always wanted to join the Army and be a fighter pilot. But something inevitable happened and I ended up with Biology.

Veitch

Veitch

• Pip
  • 6 posts

I wanted to be Batman, which is the reason I painted the picture you see in my avatar. That actually shows me realizing that I can't be Batman.

bazzinga

bazzinga

• Pip
  • 8 posts

I wanted to have mathematics Ph.D. :spoton:

PBHRescue

PBHRescue

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

I was an idiot as a kid... I wanted to be the President of the US... so, glad that didn't become reality! I'm very proud of being the President of a great Non-Profit Organization!

PBHRescue

PBHRescue

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Oh... since somebody brought up Batman... our Gunner loves Batman! ;)

15670_10152395883192734_3424055087144461