Thought that I had better write in to let you know that I found a solution for getting back the files.
Some of the temp files erased had been from Google...set up files and empty folders. Seemed safe but there was one that was a folder ,long string of numbers and letters, that held the the application files for the set up file above. I saw this on a previous version of the folder.
Guess one has to be careful in any temp folder. Was lucky to find a shadow version to use and restore the files.
Bingo....my services and tasks now work for Google. What a shock!!
I find your forum and site great and learn a lot . Many Thanks, athome34