Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel HD 4600 graphics card

• Please log in to reply

future_anim8or

future_anim8or

• Pip
  • 1 posts

These are the specs of a laptop I am contemplating on buying, I need to install Adobe after effects cs6, Autodesk Maya, Newtek lightwave, possibly Autodesk Mudbox or Zbrush. My question is..will they run smoothly?

Operating System Windows 8.1 64-bit Edition Processor Type Intel Processor Speed 2.4 GHz Turbo Boost Technology Up to 3.4GHz with Turbo Boost Technology Processor Cores Quad Core Display Type Touch Screen Display Display Backlight LED Display Backlight RAM 8.0 GB RAM Screen Size/Resolution 15.6" Brightview 1,920 x 1,080 High Definition Capable Screen Yes Hard Drive 1.0 TB Hard Drive Wireless Network 802.11b/g/n with Bluetooth Integrated WebCam/Microphone Yes RAM Shared with Video Yes Pointing Device Dual Touch Pad & Touch Screen Biometric Security Features Integrated Biometric Fingerprint Security Laptop Weight 5.62 Lbs USB Ports 4 USB 3.0 Ports USB Port Version USB Port Version 3.0 Wired Network Interface 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Battery Type 6 Cell Lithium-Ion Battery RAM Expandability Expandable to 16.0 GB RAM Video Memory Up to 1,792 MB Shared Video RAM HDMI Port Yes Cache Memory 6 MB Level 3 Cache 3D Graphics Video Type Intel HD 4600 Graphics Enhanced Sound Beats Audio with quad speakers and dual subwoofers Software Included McAfee LiveSafe with 30 days free updates, Cyberlink PhotoDirector, Cyberlink PowerDirector, Cyberlink YouCam DE, HP Support Assistant, HP Recovery Manager, HP Connected Music, HP Connected Photo, Skype, HP ProtectSmart, Box.com Sharing Other Features Estimated Battery Life: up to 4h 45m. Color: glass fiber with silky soft-touch paint in natural silver. RAM:DDR3. HDD:5400RPM. HP Coolsense keeps the laptop cool. Full size island- style keyboard w/number pad. 4 Super Speed USB including 1 with USB Boost support. Intel WiDi Enabled. Other Storage/Expansion Slots Card Reader supports: SD, SDHC Processor Model Ci7 4700MQ Type ENVY Touchsmart 15

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday future_anim8or,  :welcome: 

These are the specs of a laptop I am contemplating on buying, I need to install Adobe after effects cs6, Autodesk Maya, Newtek lightwave, possibly Autodesk Mudbox or Zbrush. My question is..will they run smoothly?

No.   CPU, to slow, HDD, to small, to slow, No dedicated graphics card, sorry, but just totally useless for the software you want to use.

Do you think you will become serious in the work you want to do?

Please have a read of this article, > http://ppbm7.com/ind...t-about-laptops

This would do the job but a desktop at half the price would be much, much better.