Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Black screen with video card!?

• Please log in to reply

zlife17

zlife17

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

ok i bought a pc online and here are the basic specs  (i think)

Processor AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ Manufacturer AMD Speed 2.2 GHz Number of Cores 2 CPU ID 178BFBFF00040FB2 Family 0F Model 4B Stepping 2 Revision   Video Card NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 405 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.2) Manufacturer NVIDIA Chipset GeForce 6100 nForce 405 Dedicated Memory 256 MB Total Memory 889.8 MB Pixel Shader Version 3.0 Vertex Shader Version 3.0 Hardware T & L Yes Vendor ID 10DE Device ID 03D1 Plug and Play ID VEN_10DE&DEV_03D1&SUBSYS_26011019&REV_A2 Driver Version 9.18.13.286 Memory 1.8 GB Operating System Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Edition (build 9200), 64-bit Service Pack 0 Size 64 Bit Edition Professional Version 6.2.9200 Locale 0409 BIOS )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG Version R01-A2 Manufacturer Phoenix Technologies, LTD Date 09/14/06 Display Maximum Resolution 1280 x 1024 Sound Device 1 High Definition Audio Device Driver Version 6.2.9200.16384 Sound Device 2 TRITTON KUNAI STEREO HEADSET Driver Version 6.2.9200.16384 DVD HL-DT-ST DVD-RW_GSA-H11N ATA Device CD HL-DT-ST DVD-RW_GSA-H11N ATA Device

Its supposed to be starter gameing pc and it had Tomb raider and bully iinstalled but they dont play (laaaag)

and the video card when ever i try and plug the monitor up with it i jst get black screen. i had too buy a peice to use my blue cord with my pc.....help

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,015 posts

Its supposed to be starter gameing pc and it had Tomb raider and bully iinstalled but they dont play (laaaag)

and the video card when ever i try and plug the monitor up with it i jst get black screen.

I don`t see an add on video card present in the above specs only the stock Nvidea 6100 which is never going to play any demanding video games, it is an entry level video chip that shows its age by only being DirectX 9 capable.

Can you post a link to the model of computer that you purchased, if not download then run Speccy and post the resultant url for us, details here