Machiavelli was assisting us in the removal of a trojan from our computer, as well as dealing with hard drive issues. The malware appears to be off of the machine, but Windows is still giving us problems. The previous thread can be found here:
- Windows 7 would crash while attempting to remove the malware using Malwarebytes
- After using Kapersky TDSSkiller, Windows became even more unstable and could only be opened in Safe Mode without crashing about five minutes after starting
- Machiavelli helped us to go through and clean the system, and began to lead us through the process of creating a Repair Install disc
Install Disc Issues
- I set up the installation disk. When I got to the compatibility report screen, it said:
"The computer started using the Windows installation disc. Remove the installation disc and restart your computer so that Windows starts normally. Then, insert the installation disc and restart the upgrade"
- If I start Windows, either in normal or safe mode, I get an Error Code 0x583 and the setup stops.
- The first time I attempted, I got past the first error code but got a pop-up about not having enough memory in the partition:
"Windows setup cannot find a location to store temporary files."
- If I attempt to boot fromt he disc in windows, I get a blue screen with the following error codes:
Stop: 0x000000f4 (oxooooooooooooooo3, oxFFFFFA8007DE6520, 0xFFFFFA8007DE6800, 0xFFFFF800031807B0)
The PC is a HP Pavilion HPE Series. Model # h8-1000z.
The hard drive is a Hitachi # HDS721010CLA332.
The HP drive has a partitioned HP Recovery program which will reformat the Windows partition to the factory specs. I'd rather not have to install all the programs again, but am ready to do that if it is the best option. We've copied all files off of the partition and backed up any data files we need to keep.
Thank you very much for any assistance you might be able to give.