See post #43. Run Farbar Service Scanner and post its report.
all internet browsers running like treacle doesnt matter which one
Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:09 PM
Totally dropped the ball there didnt I!!! Its been a bad weekend...............
Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:56 PM
You must reset the browser to default, or better, create a new user account.
Exit Google Chrome completely.
- Enter the keyboard shortcut Windows key +E to open Windows Explorer.
- In the Windows Explorer window that appears enter the following in the address bar.
- Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
- Windows Vista/ Windows 7/ Windows 8: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\
- Locate the folder called "Default" in the directory window that opens and rename it as "Backup default."
- Try opening Google Chrome again. A new "Default" folder is automatically created as you start using the browser.
If you wish, you can transfer information from your old user profile to your new one. However, this action is not recommended, since a part of your old profile may be corrupt. With that in mind, to transfer your old bookmarks, copy the "Bookmarks.bak" file from the "Backup default" folder to your new "Default" folder. Once moved, rename the file from "Bookmarks.bak" to "Bookmarks" to complete the migration. All other browser data will remain in the "Backup default" folder, but you won't be able to transfer it to your new profile..
Let me know if that helps.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users