Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Updating drives on Windows 8 for free

• Please log in to reply

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

OK lets try a different way.

Please download Winaudit. Once downloaded then follow these steps to generate a HTML report and attach it to your next reply.
The report will most likely be to big to attach so I will include instructions on how to compress the file by zipping it.

•    Double click on the Winaudit.exe file
•    Next you will see a window like the one in Figure 1 below that says, To Audit Your Computer Click Here. Click Here
•    When the program is done auditing your computer you will get a new screen like the one in Figure 2 below.
•    Click on the Blue Save button and make sure it is saved as HTML and save to your Desktop for easy reference in the next steps.
•    Now you will need to compress the file using the windows built in zip program.
•    Right click on the saved file on your desktop and then scroll down to Send To
•    Click on Compressed(zipped) Folder and use the Default settings
•    Save the file to the Desktop

In your next reply please attach the new Zip Folder with the HTML file you just made.

sorry, i have the compressed file ready to send but cant see on the tools bar above how to attache it?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

When you type a reply if you look down to the bottom right of the reply window where I place the red X's you will see a button namedMore Reply Options. Click that and then under the reply box in the new window you will see where you can attach a file.

XXXXXXXX

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

ok.....here it is.....hope it works.....

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Ha ha more then one way to skin a cat. Here is the information we were looking for.

HP ENVY TS 15 Notebook PC

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

wow....now what?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Try starting HERE and see what you can find.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been over a month since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been over a month since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

Don't mind me, if you need to know his laptop model number (if it's still needed), he posted it in his Windows Movie Maker issue thread, this post :

http://www.geekstogo...-2#entry2416688

Chow-pow :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Got it on post 19 and I responded with a link to get the drivers but no response back on if it worked or not.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Got it on post 19 and I responded with a link to get the drivers but no response back on if it worked or not.

Sorry didn't see that :o
It looks like your link is dead and also I said that because HP Envy 15 TS is the model series, not the exact model number :P

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is the OP updating drivers in that thread? If so I will discontinue here since we don't need to repeat steps.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Is the OP updating drivers in that thread? If so I will discontinue here since we don't need to repeat steps.

Well we're working on making him update his graphic card drivers, as Windows Movie Maker is throwing him a graphic drivers related error. But for the rest of them, I don't know. I could link that thread in my next reply (once he replies) and ask him if he's done here.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I could link that thread in my next reply (once he replies) and ask him if he's done here.

Yes please if you would.

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

this thread has become too old and not my current issues....thanks...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK thanks for the update and we will consider this topic closed.