Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU running too slow

• Please log in to reply

Concept82

Concept82

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hey guys. I am having issues that I belive are being caused by my CPU running too slow.

CPU is currently running at  at 0.76hz. The max is 2.30hz.

I have tried going into control panel>power options, and selecting High Performance but it still remains at 0.76hz unfortunately.

By any chance would anyone on this site know anything about how I could increase form 0.76hz?

Below is my spec. I would appreciate so much if anyone could advise me with this. Thanks again.

> Windows 8
> 6 gig Ram
> Core i50-2410M processor

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

:welcome:   Concept82

There is a good chance that the CPU speed reported could be anomolous, do the following for us please;

Download then run Speccy and post the resultant url for us please, details here

Download then run CPU-Z and post a screenshot for us, details here

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

As an asides Concept82, I note that you have requested help with this issue elsewhere albeit that you have yet to receive a reply there, it is not advisable to follow guidance from more than one forum as it can cause confusion as to who`s help you are following and mishaps can then happen, please decide on which forum you wish to continue and as a courtesy notify any other forum that you no longer require assistance. 

Concept82

Concept82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Apologies for that. i have been desperate to find some solution as soon as I could so had tried one other forum previously to here. I have since cancelled that request just now.

Basically I am having issues with a dj software that from what I have googled seems to be pointing to CPU clock running too slow. I wouldnt know much about this so have seeked any advise from somebosy who may know.

I will post the results when I have access to my personal laptop in a few hours.

Many thanks for your reply with this. I really apprrectaie it. Chat later. Thanks again.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Thanks for the update Concept82 and for understanding why it is not good practice to follow advice from differing forums  :thumbsup:

Until we have the requested information we have little to go on but from we do know it sounds like a possible driver or software conflict, this because it only happens with the dj software.

I will look out for your next update, you are most welcome btw  :)

Concept82

Concept82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hi philpower2. Please see attached for screenshot and below for URL thanks.

Just to note, my malwarebytes and AVG both blocked the CPU-Z link. I disabled both though so I could install I for you. It did however seem to install some other things too though like registry helper and some other scan your pc type programs. I guess I should try remove these somehow now that I have you the required info?

Just to give you a little bit more background on the dj software issue im experiencing. Basically Im using a program called Traktor Pro 2. It gives the user the ability to mix using four virtual decks. However my system cant even handle two, despite having sufficient spec. The program load meter will frequently hit the red causing the tracks to lag. I've been trying to figure out what the issue is for ages and its so frustrating.

I can rule out the settings in the dj program itself though. I use an external mixer so I use an Audio 8 dj soundcard, and also a Kontrol X1 midi controller. The spike definitely increases with the soundcard anyway. Im just trying to figure out what could be causing this. Through some research CPU running too slow has caused this issue for some, so that's what im trying to determine here.

I have also attached a screenshot of the Process view and traktor together. As you will see the process view looks to be ok yet the trakor load is in the red. I have tried all the troubleshooting tips like turning wifi, antivirus off etc. but have had no joy. So something is conflicting somewhere as you say, but im just totally out of ideas. Thanks again so much for your advise. Really appreciated.  

http://speccy.pirifo...CEvbvfUPglye58O

Attached Thumbnails

• GeekToGo.jpg
  • Traktor Pic.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Thanks for the update Concept82  :thumbsup:

I will take a look at the Speccy report and screenshots and add an edit if you have not had chance to do the bellow and get back to us.

To see if we can identify any driver conflicts please refer to the copy/paste details below provided courtesy of jcgriff2  :thumbsup:

1. Create a Windows System Restore Point -
Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore point
Windows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"
Windows 8/ 8.1 - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows*8) | HP® Support

2. Run Driver Verifier -
- Windows 7 & Vista - START | type verifier 
- Windows 8.1 & 8 - Press WIN +X keys | select "Command Prompt (Admin)" | type verifier 

Make these selections - 
1. Select 2nd option - Create custom settings (for code developers)
2. Select 2nd option - Select individual settings from a full list
3. Check these boxes -
▪ Special Pool 
▪ Pool Tracking 
▪ Force IRQL checking
▪ Deadlock Detection
▪ Security Checks (new as of Windows 7)
▪ Concurrency Stress Test (new as of Windows 8)
▪ DDI compliance checking (new as of Windows 8) 
▪ Miscellaneous Checks
4. Select last option - Select driver names from a list
5. Click on the Provider heading - sorts list by Provider
6. Check ALL boxes where "Microsoft" IS NOT the Provider
7. Click on Finish 
8. Re-boot[/HIDE]

- If the Driver Verifier (DV) finds a violation, it will result in a BSOD

- After re-start, you may not be able to log on to normal Windows
... • Boot into SAFEMODE - tap the F8 key repeatedly during boot-up
... • Select "System Restore" 
... • Choose the restore point that you created in step #1

- For Driver Verifier status 
--- select last option, 1st screen -or-
--- type verifier /query (in a cmd/DOS screen)
- To turn Driver Verifier off - verifier /reset then re-boot 

- The Driver Verifier needs to run as long as possible - even if the status screen appears clear.

- All future BSOD dumps must be VERIFIER_ENABLED_MINIDUMPs - otherwise the dump(s) are of no use

If your system does BSOD while the Driver Verifier is running, please retrieve the dump file from c:\windows\minidump and attach it to your next reply.

Concept82

Concept82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Many thanks phillpower2. I will have access to my personal laptop this evening (GMT) so will follow the above steps and post the results in the next few hours.

Just to note, I didnt have the Traktor dj program running or Sound card & midi controller plugged into their usb ports for the above URL and screenshot I posted. Would it be more benefitial to you If I provide these details with the actual scenario in practice?

Likewise with your latest post regarding drive verifier etc. Will I plug in the soundcard & midicontroller when performing this.

Many thanks again.

Concept82

Concept82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Sorry also to run verifier, I hold down the windows jey and the letter x key is that correct? I will post these results later. Thank you

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Yes connect each device and use as you normally would do please, this so that their drivers are called into use  :thumbsup:

You are welcome Concept82  :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Correct  :thumbsup:

Advertisements

Concept82

Concept82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Excellent, I will setup the full scenario this evening (GMT) and post the results then. Thanks so much.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

You are welcome  :) and I will be around somewhere  :ph34r:

Concept82

Concept82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hey again, I have plugged everything in and have attached the CPU-Z screenshot and speccy URL below for you.

http://speccy.pirifo...mX5r8xjc4cY1283

I have followed the run verifier steps but the system didn't bsod so not sure what Im meant to provide you. bove show steps where to get the dump file if bsod but I dint get that so unsure what I need to give to you? Let me know anyway and il do it :) Many thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• GeekToGo.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

For now can you just use the computer as you normally would to see if Driver Verifier trips over anything.

AVG and daemonu.exe are two things that I am wary off, AVG because it hogs system resources and causes problems and daemonu.exe because it not only causes stability issues but also it compromises system security, see here and here.

Going offline now as I have an early start + Ive been here about 16hrs today, back about 7am.

Concept82

Concept82

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Ok cool so for now do I just set everything up and type verifier /query (in a cmd/DOS screen). Even though nothing appears to be happening I presume it is still running? I then await a bsod in which case it will create a log file that I post here? Just making sure Im doing whats required :)

I usually disable AVG before setting everything up. As for NVIDIA will I just uninstall anything NVIDIA related in control panel?

Do you think my CPU is running too slow based on the attached info etc. Let me know anything else you want me to try. Thanks a million for this.