Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange tick on startup help please

Motherboard system ram components buzz corsair asus

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

It may be a software error but I picked up on it and so I had to inform you of the fact.

Please restart your computer and check the temperatures/voltages in the BIOS, no screenshot is required just make a note of the temperatures and the +3.3V, +5V and the +12V and post them with your next reply.

NB: BIOS voltage readings.
The readings are not conclusive in the BIOS as the computer is under the least amount of load, if they are higher or lower than what they should be though it does suggest a PSU problem.

Advertisements

ricster-a

ricster-a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

j8fvdh.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

The voltages shown are fine as long as the +3.3V and the +5V rails don`t get too much higher under load.

Can you find the Dram Voltage in the BIOS and let us know that reading please.

ricster-a

ricster-a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I searched the whole BIOS and unless I accidentally missed it I couldn't find anything remotely similar to Dram voltage the only voltage page I could find is the previous picture I sent to you.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Ok, remember my reply #14

Please download and read your manual which can be obtained from here go to pages 20, 21 where you will find the information below and page 30 which details how to use the Mem OK button on the MB.

Have you checked the Mem OK button.

Your manual will tell you how to check the voltage of the Ram, most likely it will be something to do with the ASUS MBs own software and/or overclocking etc.

Sorry but got to go out now but will check back later. 

ricster-a

ricster-a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I couldn't find anything on the manual that helps me all i know is that the option " DRAM VOLTAGE" is set to "Auto.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

There should be an option to switch from Auto detect to manual, this is how you can ensure that the DRam voltage is definitely set at 1.5V.

Again from your MB manual;

2.4.13 DRAM Voltage [Auto] Allows you to set the DRAM voltage. The values range from 1.5V to 2.2V* with a 0.1V interval. According to Intel CPU spec, DIMMs with voltage requirement over 1.65V may damage the CPU permanently. We recommend you install the DIMMs with the voltage requirement below 1.65V.

ricster-a

ricster-a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Like this?

213kdc6.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Correct  :thumbsup:

ricster-a

ricster-a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Anything else or is that it and should i be trying my corsair ram again?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

You have done all that you can your end so yes try the Corsair Ram again and see how it goes.

ricster-a

ricster-a

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Didn't work. :(

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

As per my replies #14 and 20

Please download and read your manual which can be obtained from here go to pages 20, 21 where you will find the information below and page 30 which details how to use the Mem OK button on the MB.

Have you checked the Mem OK button.