Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

If You Could Meet One Person In History Who Would It Be and Why?

• Please log in to reply

jaco1

jaco1

• PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

For me it would have to be Leonardo Da Vinci. I mean what can I say; the man was an exceptional genius - A mathematician, an architect, painter, engineer, inventor and much more. It has also been said that he knew and kept many secrets, some of which inspired the film "The Da Vinci Code."

Well that's one person I'd like to meet and my reason. What's yours?

Advertisements

xLink

xLink

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I don't know how to delete this

Edited by xLink, 14 May 2014 - 07:03 PM.

DevSquare

DevSquare

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

I would have to say Archimedes, he was arguably the best mathematician in history thus far.

Inventions like 

•   Archimedes' Screw
  •   Archimedes' Principle
  •   The Claw of Archimedes

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts

Mother Teresa....

Why? Because she dedicated her life to humanitarian causes and was not afraid to reach out and touch the sick, the poor and the underprivileged and expected nothing in return.

She's my hero!! :hug:

jaco1

jaco1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

I must say listed above are some very great people. :)

Lemurian

Lemurian

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Mahatma Gandhi. He knew how to be really brave and no matter what happened to him could break this man  

macster

macster

• Pip
  • 4 posts

for me it's more of an event - my parents are both from east Germany and every time they tell me about the fall of the Berlin Wall and the 'Wende', I get goosebumps. I read it's quite common...

brianlester

brianlester

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Probably John Lennon!

HolyCowZ

HolyCowZ

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

I couldn't go for just 1 person or anyone boring like jesus or buddha who both smoked to much weed lol

Viktor Schauberger because I'd love to see what he had invented all working he fascinates me his ideas and views on the world the fact he copied nature and in the time he was doing all this tech wasn't that great.

Adolf Hitler I want to see what he was really like and if he really did escape the bunker like all the great leaders suspected and he must hold the key to so many modern day secrets.

and Nikola Tesla in my eyes he's the modern world before his time and some of his stuff is still under wraps and not due to see the light of day anytime soon, I'd love to see all he made that still hasn't been out in the open and to see him work and how he came up with these things in his day the man is a legend and more should be taught about him at school even though he did talk to pigeons in the end.

I'm torn if I had to choose just 1 as I'd be regretting not going for the others it's the what if, of it. be like having ants in my pants

Archimedes and Leonardo Da Vinci another 2 fascinating choices guys

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Leonardo Da Vinci

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

http://www.vatican.v...a_vr/index.html

Hold down your left clicker and move around the chapel. Use the wheel to view close ups!

Edited by donetao, 03 July 2014 - 05:13 PM.

PBHRescue

PBHRescue

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Thomas Jefferson! He was an awesome Founding Father... and President! How he must be rolling in his grave today... for what's become of America...

InSync

InSync

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Steve Jobs. Wait, no. The Mac guy from the commercial. 

juglar21

juglar21

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

For me it would have to be Leonardo Da Vinci. I mean what can I say; the man was an exceptional genius - A mathematician, an architect, painter, engineer, inventor and much more. It has also been said that he knew and kept many secrets, some of which inspired the film "The Da Vinci Code."

Well that's one person I'd like to meet and my reason. What's yours?

For me it would be either Johann Sebastian Bach or Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

The reason is that I have the sense that they fetched things from the future

and translated them into music.

J

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

I would actually like to meet, or at the least ask questions of/to Dr Stephen Hawking.

He has gone a little further than Albert Einstein did in relation to the concept that time itself can be manipulated, it can be stretched or compressed according to both gentlemen, yet they both said that the speed of light is a constant. Speed of anything is a measurement of distance travelled within a certain time, so if you can shift time, then also the speed of light must shift with it, therefore cannot be a constant. I would like to hear their answer to that.