Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Screen shaking at lower resolution...

• Please log in to reply

Guardian715

Guardian715

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello everyone! I am very new here and I have a question that Google has no answer for, as I do not know how to properly describe the problem, so please bear with me.

I have an HP Compaq 6000 Pro All-In-One pc that works great, but has a small, yet incredibly annoying issue. When I updated my drivers after reinstalling Windows 7 32bit, my graphics card driver installed AMD Catalyst Control Center and since then, my screen will always malfunction when a lower resolution (native being 1920x1080). At the lower resolution, my screen will duplicate the original image it is trying to show. While the image is duplicated, my screen shakes, which renders any reading on the multiple screens incredibly difficult. This was not an issue BEFORE I updated my driver. Not updating the driver makes it so that I cannot use the native resolution. Can anyone PLEASE help? This has been plaguing me for weeks!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts

:welcome:    Guardian715

There are various models in the 6000 range so to make sure that we have the correct one can you provide a Speccy link for us, details here

Guardian715

Guardian715

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

:welcome:    Guardian715

There are various models in the 6000 range so to make sure that we have the correct one can you provide a Speccy link for us, details here

Thanks for the welcome! My computer is preety much the one listed here http://www.nextwareh...m/?1103480_g10e

The difference being that my graphics cars is ATI Mobility Raedon HD 5570

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts

Post a Speccy url or a direct link to your exact model of computer please.

You are welcome btw  :)