Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Service Exception BSOD Sony Vegas

• Please log in to reply

KELLER1224

KELLER1224

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Windows 8.1 I get this BSOD in Windows 8.1 when I try to render videos. Sometimes it will make it through the whole render but most of the time it gets to about 75% and then crashes. So if i could get an idea as to what is causing this? It is not temperature problems as I have monitored them while rendering. It just seems to crash for no particular reason. I used to render videos just fine. Here are 2 Dump Files: https://www.mediafir...aupd6698cdy7py1

http://www.mediafire...14-13750-01.dmp

Thanks!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:   KELLER1224

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is a brand name provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

Download WhoCrashed

Click on the file that you just downloaded and run it.

Put a tick in Accept then click on Next.

• Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then click Next.
  • Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon.
  • Click on Install and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before clicking Finish.
  • Click Analyze
  • It will want to download the Debugger and install it Say Yes

WhoCrashed will create a report but you will have to scroll down to see it, Copy and paste it into your next reply please. 

Tip

Please do not duplicate your topics as it may lead to you being offered the same guidance at differing times and lead to confusion as to which and who`s  guidance you are following.

KELLER1224

KELLER1224

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Desktop. Cyberpower PC w/ GTX 660 SC, AMD FX 8350 8 core, 8gb of DDR3 RAM. Gigabyte M68MT-S2 Motherboard.ULTRA LSP750 750W ATX POWER SUPPLY.

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 5/17/2014 6:36:47 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\051714-14734-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x153FA0)
Bugcheck code: 0x4A (0x7FFE1FCAAF7A, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFD001B4FFBB00)
Error: IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a thread is returning to user mode from a system call when its IRQL is still above PASSIVE_LEVEL.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion

One crash dump has been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Edited by KELLER1224, 19 May 2014 - 04:32 PM.

KELLER1224

KELLER1224

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

:welcome:   KELLER1224

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is a brand name provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

Download WhoCrashed

Click on the file that you just downloaded and run it.

Put a tick in Accept then click on Next.

• Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then click Next.
  • Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon.
  • Click on Install and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before clicking Finish.
  • Click Analyze
  • It will want to download the Debugger and install it Say Yes

WhoCrashed will create a report but you will have to scroll down to see it, Copy and paste it into your next reply please. 

Tip

Please do not duplicate your topics as it may lead to you being offered the same guidance at differing times and lead to confusion as to which and who`s  guidance you are following.

Desktop. Cyberpower PC w/ GTX 660 SC, AMD FX 8350 8 core, 8gb of DDR3 RAM. Gigabyte M68MT-S2 Motherboard.ULTRA LSP750 750W ATX POWER SUPPLY.

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 5/17/2014 6:36:47 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\051714-14734-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x153FA0)
Bugcheck code: 0x4A (0x7FFE1FCAAF7A, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFD001B4FFBB00)
Error: IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a thread is returning to user mode from a system call when its IRQL is still above PASSIVE_LEVEL.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Conclusion

One crash dump has been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Download then run Speccy and post the resultant url for us please, details here

An alternative way to see if we can identify any driver conflicts, please refer to the copy/paste details below provided courtesy of jcgriff2  :thumbsup: 

1. Create a Windows System Restore Point -

Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore point
Windows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"
Windows 8/ 8.1 - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows*8) | HP® Support

2. Run Driver Verifier -

Windows 7 & Vista - START | type verifier 
Windows 8.1 & 8 - Press WIN +X keys | select "Command Prompt (Admin)" | type verifier 

Make these selections - 

1. Select 2nd option - Create custom settings (for code developers)
2. Select 2nd option - Select individual settings from a full list

3. Check these boxes -

▪ Special Pool 
▪ Pool Tracking 
▪ Force IRQL checking
▪ Deadlock Detection
▪ Security Checks (new as of Windows 7)
▪ Concurrency Stress Test (new as of Windows 8)
▪ DDI compliance checking (new as of Windows 8) 
▪ Miscellaneous Checks

4. Select last option - Select driver names from a list
5. Click on the Provider heading - sorts list by Provider
6. Check ALL boxes where "Microsoft" IS NOT the Provider
7. Click on Finish 
8. Re-boot
[/HIDE]

- If the Driver Verifier (DV) finds a violation, it will result in a BSOD

- After re-start, you may not be able to log on to normal Windows

... • Boot into SAFEMODE - tap the F8 key repeatedly during boot-up

... • Select "System Restore"

... • Choose the restore point that you created in step #1

- For Driver Verifier status

--- select last option, 1st screen -or-

--- type verifier /query (in a cmd/DOS screen)

- To turn Driver Verifier off - verifier /reset then re-boot

- The Driver Verifier needs to run as long as possible - even if the status screen appears clear.

- All future BSOD dumps must be VERIFIER_ENABLED_MINIDUMPs - otherwise the dump(s) are of no use

If your system does BSOD while the Driver Verifier is running, please retrieve the dump file from c:\windows\minidump and attach it to your next reply.

KELLER1224

KELLER1224

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Download then run Speccy and post the resultant url for us please, details here

An alternative way to see if we can identify any driver conflicts, please refer to the copy/paste details below provided courtesy of jcgriff2  :thumbsup: 

1. Create a Windows System Restore Point -

Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore point
Windows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"
Windows 8/ 8.1 - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows*8) | HP® Support

2. Run Driver Verifier -

Windows 7 & Vista - START | type verifier 
Windows 8.1 & 8 - Press WIN +X keys | select "Command Prompt (Admin)" | type verifier 

Make these selections - 

1. Select 2nd option - Create custom settings (for code developers)
2. Select 2nd option - Select individual settings from a full list

3. Check these boxes -

▪ Special Pool 
▪ Pool Tracking 
▪ Force IRQL checking
▪ Deadlock Detection
▪ Security Checks (new as of Windows 7)
▪ Concurrency Stress Test (new as of Windows 8)
▪ DDI compliance checking (new as of Windows 8) 
▪ Miscellaneous Checks

4. Select last option - Select driver names from a list
5. Click on the Provider heading - sorts list by Provider
6. Check ALL boxes where "Microsoft" IS NOT the Provider
7. Click on Finish 
8. Re-boot
[/HIDE]

- If the Driver Verifier (DV) finds a violation, it will result in a BSOD

- After re-start, you may not be able to log on to normal Windows

... • Boot into SAFEMODE - tap the F8 key repeatedly during boot-up

... • Select "System Restore"

... • Choose the restore point that you created in step #1

- For Driver Verifier status

--- select last option, 1st screen -or-

--- type verifier /query (in a cmd/DOS screen)

- To turn Driver Verifier off - verifier /reset then re-boot

- The Driver Verifier needs to run as long as possible - even if the status screen appears clear.

- All future BSOD dumps must be VERIFIER_ENABLED_MINIDUMPs - otherwise the dump(s) are of no use

If your system does BSOD while the Driver Verifier is running, please retrieve the dump file from c:\windows\minidump and attach it to your next reply.

Ok so when I use the driver verifier, do I run Sony Vegas to provoke the crash or just run my system?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Download then run Speccy and post the resultant url for us please, details here

Use the computer as you normally would.

KELLER1224

KELLER1224

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

It says I'm not permitted to upload this type of file when i try to upload the dump file

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

It says I'm not permitted to upload this type of file when i try to upload the dump file

What dump file.

Still waiting on the Speccy url  :(

KELLER1224

KELLER1224

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
It said in your instructions that if your system does BSOD while DV is running you should upload it with the next reply.

Advertisements

KELLER1224

KELLER1224

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

What dump file.

Still waiting on the Speccy url  :(

http://speccy.pirifo...wKx0gUrIoUKPJ6K

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Sorry KELLER1224 but we rely on you giving us as much information as you can to help us better help you, the following post was cryptic to say the least;

Telling us when the computer crashed would have been a good starting point and then telling us that you were having trouble uploading the dump file from the crash etc.

Did it blue screen straight away or when you opened Sony Vegas or any other program, had you just connected a USB device.

To upload your dump files see below, no need to quote every reply btw  :thumbsup:

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.

2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.

3. Upload the zip folder using the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

KELLER1224

KELLER1224

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Crashed when i tried to render a video in sony vegas.

Attached Files

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Apologies for the delay KELLER1224, I was called to business away from home and have not been near a computer for a couple of days  

Your Nvidea drivers and DXGAdapter are having a problem with Sony Vegas.

Run the dxdiag tool and see what it reports, what version of DX is installed,  Windows Key + R, type dxdiag, then click OK or alternatively, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.) Type dxdiag in the search box, and then tap on click dxdiag.exe.

Use the Nvidea driver scanner tool to see if it suggests any newer drivers, use the Nvidea uninstall tool to remove the older drivers if newer ones are detected.

I also note the following from your crash dump;

You have signed in to too many PCs using this Microsoft account.

You must be online the first time to complete your account setup.

This you need to address direct with Microsoft.

KELLER1224

KELLER1224

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Well i ran dxdiag and it came back with no problems. Attatched are the results. Also, i have the GeForce Experience program which keeps my drivers up to date at all times. So both came up negative unfortunately. Any suggestions?

Attached Files