Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows XP Home reinstall

• Please log in to reply

theunconventionalangellady

theunconventionalangellady

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A few months ago Windows XP Home crashed when I tried to install Norton Internet Security. After many hours of frustration, I finally reinstalled XP into "Windows 2". Now things run well and have for several months.

I would like to delete the original Windows folder which is "Windows" as I have the new programs all in and under Windows 2.

Will there be any problem if I do this?

I have backed up my files and feel that I am pretty well protected at this point.

Advertisements

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
The old copy of Windows can be deleted, but you may need to edit your boot.ini file as well..
See here , Fast but Tricky method for details of how to do this.