Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

processer

• Please log in to reply

bgc161

bgc161

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have an HP workstation it cam with 2GB RAM 320GB HARD DRIVE WITH 64 BIT PROCESSOR.  I had problems with it a year ago, got a virus that wiped out my hard drive. I took it to a computer teck I thought. I was trying to install windows 8.1 and found out he replaced the 64 bit processor with a 32bit and installed two smaller drives. I am new to all of this so I was hoping some one can tell me what 64 bt processor I can replace it with.  All I know about the processor it had is that it was intel xeon 64 bit

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

:welcome:

You need to list the exact HP WorkStation Model you have ,to be able to even start to help you.

You can check HP's Web site to see all your system specs, need to know model of the motherboard you have also.

Putting a in a new processor is not always an easy task for someone who is not so experienced, although this matters on your determination and abilities to want to try and learn.

Is the heatsink and fan for the 32 bit CPU original ? Most likely need to replace these also.

Give more info on system, can see what we can help and find for you to buy.

Edited by jds63, 19 May 2014 - 06:38 PM.