Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have an HP workstation it cam with 2GB RAM 320GB HARD DRIVE WITH 64 BIT PROCESSOR.  I had problems with it a year ago, got a virus that wiped out my hard drive. I took it to a computer teck I thought. I was trying to install windows 8.1 and found out he replaced the 64 bit processor with a 32bit and installed two smaller drives. I am new to all of this so I was hoping some one can tell me what 64 bt processor I can replace it with.  All I know about the processor it had is that it was intel xeon 64 bit

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

You need to list the exact HP WorkStation Model you have ,to be able to even start to help you.

You can check HP's Web site to see all your system specs, need to know model of the motherboard you have also.

Putting a in a new processor is not always an easy task for someone who is not so experienced, although this matters on your determination and abilities to want to try and learn.

Is the heatsink and fan for the 32 bit CPU original ? Most likely need to replace these also.

Give more info on system, can see what we can help and find for you to buy.

Edited by jds63, 19 May 2014 - 06:38 PM.