Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Being a guinea pig for Palm's Tungsten T5 PDA

• Please log in to reply

geekgrrrl

geekgrrrl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: ;) I bought a new T5 from Palm, and have spent almost a full month trying to get it to HotSync properly with Outlook. Have been dealing with their online FAQ's, email tech support, and am now up to Level 3 phone support. They use third party software like Chapura Pocket Mirror (to synch with Outlook) and Intelligent Find (to make the search function work!) to make up for known defects in their O/S - yet it's up to the guinea pig consumer of this new product to pay for those extras!! The &$)@% device is going to need repair anyway, as it fails to turn off sometimes (and sometimes loses all recent data when I do a soft reset to turn it off).

My questions: Chapura's techs tell me that the type of error messages I'm getting on all my Outlook synch's (which fail to complete) indicate data corruption, and that this is no doubt happening because of the electronic glitch in the PDA. (When I change conduits to synch the data into Palm Destop it works fine, but I need to use Outlook; hence the Chapura interface.) Yet Palm, now that I've determined to my satisfaction that I've reached a dead end till I have a perfectly functioning unit, keeps palming me off to tech support, who have run out of fixes.
1) Are there are others out there who've been using this product, and what's your experience with it?
2) what do you think of the argument that it's the physical malfunctioning of my PDA that is causing the HotSync problems thru corruption of records?

At this point I want Palm to send me a brand new T5 --forget repair -- but they don't seem to be listening. Also, I'm wondering what issues are inherent to the T5 and whether I ought to just pick a PDA that's been around longer. Thanks!

Advertisements