Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet connectivity and strength issues

• Please log in to reply

Northy

Northy

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hey there, Since moving back home the internet has procured a [bleep] ton of issues, seemingly only for me. My desktop is saying it has full bars on the connection, but the speed drops majorly slow and the signal keeps dropping and becoming limited. From here the internet might work fine for an hour or 2 at like 2am. I have a TP-Link 300mbps wireless card installed in my desktop, broadband provider is AOL and they're [bleep]ing useless on the phone, I called up to have the line reset but still the same issue occurs. At first I thought maybe the card had been knocked out because I don't have a screw to secure it to the case, at first this seemed to be the problem, but nope my connection still fails. The connection is fine on my phone, all my families phones and tablets, just not my desktop. Pretty sure the wireless card isn't broken either as its capable of receiving still, plus I was in a completely different location 2 weeks ago and it was working fine. Cheers in advance.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts

Note that many types of devices can cause wireless interference including Bluetooth devices, cordless phones, fluorescent lights, microwave ovens, outdoor microwave links, WiMAX, wireless game controllers, wireless video cameras, Zigbee devices, and so on. Even bad electrical connections can cause broad RF spectrum emissions.