Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB/removable storage no longer recognized on computer

usb tablet windows 7

• Please log in to reply

catttreanor

catttreanor

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Hi. I have windows 7 and I've been using my computer to put music on my droid razr, my samsung galaxy tab, and my google nexus 7 for quite some time. Right before I left for vacation 2 weeks ago, my computer stopped recognizing my devices, but they work just fine on other computers. It also stopped recognizing my flash drive. I ran google USB oblivion and it didn't fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

Hello catttreanor

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is a brand name provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number of the MB, providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

Lemurian

Lemurian

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Reinstalling or updating USB drivers might help

catttreanor

catttreanor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

It is a lenovo desktop, model lenovowindows7 pc. I have already reinstalled the USB drivers and run USB oblivion. The USB ports are not broken, because they will still charge device. I just can't access the devices from my computer to add files.