Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How would you buy a HP ZBook?

• Please log in to reply

Tjarco

Tjarco

• Pip
  • 8 posts

After looking at the Dell m4800 & Lenovo W540 I've drawn the conclusion that a HP ZBook 15 would be my best choice for a sturdy and durable laptop for graphic design and database work which also can be upgraded easily.. I found a good deal for the basic model with 4GB 1600-MHZ DDR3L SDRAM & 500-GB 7200-rpm SATA, but like I said I would like to upgrade and because I'm no geek I came here for some help around my options...

- First I want to crank up the 4gb, according to the specs there are 4 SO-DIMM ports, If I want to get something between 8/16Gb what should I choose?

- Secondly I want to replace the 500-GB with a 256Gb Solid state drive - Are all SSD SATA drives compatible or should I look for something in particular?

- Third, there is also a miniSSD slot, can't find it in the specs but I've seen it here in the clip below @3:40 What is this?

- Finally if I remove the DVD drive and add this HP ZBook 15 Mobile Workstation HDD Caddy, can I use the 500-GB 7200-rpm SATA I removed earlier?

Hoping that some of you smart people can get just as excited as me right now for buying this and provide me with some advice..

Much thanks in advance,

Tjarco

Edited by Tjarco, 22 May 2014 - 05:46 AM.

Advertisements