Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The computer has shut down after putting it in sleep mode

• Please log in to reply

Andro

Andro

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Hi !

When I go outside I usually put my computer in sleep mode. I did the same today. First I thought I hit a shut down button by accident when it has turned off but when I turned it on again later I got the message that Windows didn't shut down successfully but I chose to start it normally anyway. So I decided to check my computer with WhoCrashed and below are the results...

Thank you for your help in advance !

Attached Thumbnails

• WhoCrashed.jpg

Edited by Andro, 23 May 2014 - 12:15 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Hello Andro

Any further crashes.

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Hello phillpower2

First, I wanna thank you for your reply. I just put my computer in sleep mode to check if it will shut down again.and it didn't. I would say that's because I updated all drivers. I knew one of the driver(s) caused the problem but I didn't know which. Do u think the problem is solved or do you recommend anything else ?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Hello Andro,

Hopefully I can safely say that a job already well done on your behalf  :thumbsup:

If the computer is now stable all that I would suggest that you do is create a new restore point and see how it goes, any repeat of the issue please come back here and we will take a look.

You are welcome btw  :)

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Tnx !

Will do a new restore point and let you know if the problem will repeat :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:thumbsup:

You are welcome btw  :)

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Phillpower2 hi !

Unfortunately I have to say that the same problem appeared again. This time I saw a BSOD for a moment but I couldn't see what was written because the computer restarted immediately. Here is WhoCrashed report >

Attached Thumbnails

• WhoCrashed.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Download then run Speccy and post the resultant url for us please, details here

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Here is requested url

http://speccy.pirifo...J5veJq8fsaaE0ez

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Turn off the auto restart on system failure so that you can make a note of the on screen message so that you can post it here, "how to" here 

The one thing that I noted in your Speccy results is that the +12V rail on the PSU is low, this would cause the computer to blue screen so we should check it out first

Download Speedfan and install it.  Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.  The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.

If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

speedfan.png

(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

Download then run HWMonitor and post a screenshot so that we have a comparison to the Speedfan results, details from here

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

The specs I find for your MB say that it has an integrated video chip, can you confirm this for us please, MB specs here

Advertisements

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

The Stop code is 0x0000000A.

Yes my MB has an integrated video chip.

Attached Thumbnails

• SpeedFan.jpg
  • HWMonitor.jpg

Edited by Andro, 02 June 2014 - 06:36 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Screenshots are not saved and post as required however removing the add on video card and using the onboard MB chip may help with this, please try and post back

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

I'm sorry...seems I didn't understand you well...if it's still necessary please explain again how to save and post those screenshots.

About video chip...I gave u the wrong information...please excuse me...it's NOT integrated...I've opened the Case and checked...it's a dedicated video card !

Edited by Andro, 02 June 2014 - 12:55 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Apologies for the delay Andro, I have not been near a computer since Monday due to unplanned business I had to take care of.

About video chip...I gave u the wrong information...please excuse me...it's NOT integrated...I've opened the Case and checked...it's a dedicated video card !

I previously asked if you could confirm that the MB here was the same as what you have, please let us know if it is or not.

You do have an add on video card which is an 8500 GT but if you check the back of your case you may see a second VGA port as in the attachment below, again can you check this and let us know.

Andro

Andro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Don't worry...I understand that you don't have always time to be here :)

Yes this is the MB I have in my computer.

I see that VGA port but I can't use it because in this case I don't have a picture on my monitor so I'm using VGA to DVI adapter and it looks like this...

Attached Thumbnails

• 1280px-DVI-VGA-Adapter.jpg