Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Office Reinstallation Problem

• Please log in to reply

jpqdepedro

jpqdepedro

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

After I finished updating my Windows 8 to Windows 8.10, The message(as shown in the attachment) showed up as I am opening the MS Excel. I tried to uninstall the Office and installed it again hoping this would solve the problem. However, it keeps on popping up. Then I downloaded the troubleshooter of the Microsoft for this problem but it cannot identify the problem.

Please help me with this regard.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

Edited by jpqdepedro, 22 May 2014 - 08:43 PM.

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Instead of trying to reinstall, try going to Control Panel, select Office to uninstall. It should give you options to repair files for Office. Or see:

Update, repair, or uninstall Office Click-to-Run products

Repair Office programs

Repairing corrupted files in Excel

jpqdepedro

jpqdepedro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

I've tried these options but it keeps on displaying the same thing. 

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts

It looks like you have been trying to reinstall Office for a few weeks, and I'm afraid that there's been some registry corruption.  Please follow the instructions in the below Microsoft KB to completely uninstall Office from your machine.  Once this is done, try reinstalling Office once more.  Remember, if the Fix It program doesn't work, carefully follow the manual uninstall instructions.  Part of this uninstallation process should remove these problematic registry keys that are referenced in the error messages.

How to uninstall Office 2013 or Office 365

jpqdepedro

jpqdepedro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

apparently, i cannot even follow some of the directions of the microsoft itself. For example, it is said that i need to click on the tools menu but i cant see the tools menu within the window.

jpqdepedro

jpqdepedro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

in addition to that, upon updating my software to 8.1, everything turned into a mess.