Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

seeking replacement (free) for Frontpage Express for win 7

• Please log in to reply

j.richardson

j.richardson

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Have front page express on my 16year old machine running Win 98 but it won't transfer to Win 7.  Can someone please recommend a simple replacement for me . I am 86 years young and have had computers since the Sinclair 80 and need to run my pages at  www.johnsmodelmadness.co.uk. 

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts
Hi John, I hope you will forgive the familiarity of using your first name, but having taken a look at your wonderful website and seen some of the magnificent models you have have made. I feel now that I almost know you!

I take my hat off to you, the skill, technique and sheer engineering know how that you have employed over the years, is an example to us all.

The snapshot of your Silhouette brought back many memories, and I recall as a young fellow in the mid 1950's wondering if I would ever be able to afford one of Mr Robert Tucker's excellent designs as his new Silhouette cost the princely sum of £85 all complete, I believe in 1953 or thereabouts!

Robert tucker passed over in 1998 but his son Andrew carries on the family tradition.

Turning now to computer matters.... you might like to consider Expressions as a suitable replacement for your website building tool..... it's available free from here:
http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=36179
and has an "Office" type look about it that is not a million miles away from the look of Front Page Express

All good wishes and thanks for providing such a great publication and website, for those many folks (who like me) can only marvel at your expertise.
Regards
paws