Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD IGDKMD64.SYS when playing games

bsod igdkmd64.sys

• Please log in to reply

Cameron Bruce

Cameron Bruce

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi, recently installed a new ssd and RAM into my laptop but ever since ive been getting the same bsod when im about an hour or two into the game

i get the error DRIVER IQRL NOT LESS OR EQUAL (igdkmd64.sys)

Tried updating to the latest graphics drivers but still no joy, could anyone help me out with this?

Edited by Cameron Bruce, 23 May 2014 - 08:04 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:      Cameron Bruce

It is strange that it takes an hour or two for it to blue screen, as you are continually gaming and not switching tasks this would normally point towards an overheating issue.

What are the brand and model name or number details of the notebook.

Was the OS installed fresh from an OS disk/USB thumb drive etc or was it migrated from an existing HDD.

If a fresh install, once Windows was installed were the notebooks own drivers reinstalled and starting with the chipset drivers first.

Cameron Bruce

Cameron Bruce

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Found the problem, turns out ASUS didn't update their drivers list to the most up to date one, used the update driver tool from device manager and it seemed to work!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

That is good news, thanks for the follow up and a job well done on your behalf Cameron  :thumbsup:

Any further problems you know where we are.