Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot Connect to Server!

• Please log in to reply

Shelby281

Shelby281

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I properly installed a wireless PCMCIA card in my laptop. It's a 32bit card and capable of receiving a 802.11b. When I tried to go online when I went to a local libraby who offers a free wifi hotspot, I got my PCMCIA card picked up the signal and click connect into my wireless. After I got connected, I click on Internet Explorer and it doesn't open a page or it says, "Cannot Find Server".

I think it's the setup of my Internet Explorer is where the problem is.

Any steps I am missing?

Advertisements

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
i had similar prob with xp, but try anyway go into network connection and open the properties for the card mess with the athentication stuff and also look at the wifi network properties for security settings :tazz: