Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

k8n Neo 2 Platinum

• Please log in to reply

morph2kode

morph2kode

• Pip
  • 1 posts
;) I get this error message when I try to boot my computer normally:......

"KDR_File_System

***Disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing
***Disable or remove any newly installed haradware
***Try Safe Mode

0x00000027 (0xBAAD009C, 0XF83154CC, OXF83151C8, OXF86179C6)

cdr4_xp.sys Address F86179C6 base at F8616000

Datestamp 3c228bb1"

.....1)I disable all options i can find in bios that give option of disable or enable.
2)I try built in "fail-safe" setting for the bios settings
3)I try every setting configuration in the bios, and end up restoring it to fail-safe anyway
4)Now i try to start in safe mode, safe mode with networking, command prompt, last known good configuration, etc. and it stops here:......

"partition\etc, etc, etc...\agp440.sys"

.....See, my old graphics card (PNY 6800 GT) died when installing it into an MSI K8N Neo 2 Platinum mainboard/motherboard. So i took it to a shop, they told me to get a new one and all would be fine and dandy. PNY kindly gave me a new PNY 6800 GT when i sent in the fried one and i popped it in and i actually saw stuff on the monitor when it was beginning to turn on. It didn't beep and turn off immediately so i figured all was fine until i saw the blue screen of suck in the quote marks above. The installation cds etc. are exactly the same for the graphics card, and i obviously am not able to install this one. i've looked all over the internet and all i find is that i need to go to windows update, which i can't because i can't even get to windows, that i need to create a repair disc, which this xp computer won't let me 'cause it says it's only for Windows2000. I believe i would know more about this problem maybe if the only sites devoted to msi bios and post problems weren't written in french, german, .cz (czech?). I really don't want to deal with msi since i've been all over their site, forums, email requests, hotlines, and whatnot- they really really suck. they have nothing helpful on what i'm experiencing at all.

Motherboard: msi k8n neo 2 platinum w/ nforce3 ultra chipset
Bios: motherboard version 1.4 (i don't know how to install bios on this, and judging from the 'updated bios' list of fixes in versions 1.5-1.7 wouldn't think it's at all necessary
Processor: amd 3500
GPU: PNY 6800 GT
Ram: 512 mb pomos 2700 in correct configuration to the manual (i've tried using only a stick of 256 in slot 1, and slot 2)
Hard Drive: 120 GB SATA (about 20 gb from being full before i attempted to change the mobo)
OS: Windows XP Home w/ SP2 (it was perfectly up to date at the beginning of the installation, but probably isn't now since i've been unable to get to windows..i don't have my windows installation cd with me at the moment which some sites have recommended i use in some way. "Guys and girls. Often this error is a red herring. AGP440.SYS, though it is the last thing you'll see loading, is usually not crashing the computer (probably is if you've just swapped gfx cards...)"< I will definitely have my installation cd shortly, but they say it only affects safe mode, i can't get normal mode to work either)
PSU: 500W Okia (came with Broadway Com case)

i don't know what i'm doing or what to do. any tips at all would really, reallly be appreciated. :tazz:

Advertisements