Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan process running that slows video 5 seconds after idling [Solved

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts

One quick comment and a few last instructions.

If you look at the output of Security Check, it cautions that Windows Security Center is not running. That happens because you turned it off which is fine because you have a different anti-virus (BitDefender) active on your system. That's a good thing. Please make sure that you keep BitDefender patched and up to date.

Alrighty then, subject to no further problems I will send you on your way! smile.gif I will also remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but, I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems

Good news ----- Your log appears clean :thumbsup:

A good workman always cleans up after himself so..The following piece of code will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points:

Download and run Delfix

delfix.JPG

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes:

CryptoPrevent install this programme to lock down and prevent crypto ransom-ware. (This is really important!)

CryptoPrevent.JPG

Malwarebytes.

Update and run weekly to keep your system clean

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide How did I get infected in the first place ?Keep safe :wave:

If you have any questions or further problems, feel free to stop back :) It's been a pleasure!!

Advertisements

wickkidda

wickkidda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Everything seems to be ok. I ran CryptoPrevent and rebooted.

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts

Fantastic! Anything else I can do for you? :)

wickkidda

wickkidda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Sometimes things seem to run a tad slow. Any tips you can give me? Or should I really just have more than 15% of my hard drive empty?

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts

Well, let's give this a try and see what it shows.

Windirstat

Please download and install WinDirStat.

• Click on the desktop icon to run the program.
  • Click on Individual Drives and then click on C: (or whichever drive is your Main Drive)
  • Click on OK
  • When the pacmen have finished there will be a graphic display of your drive.
  • Place your cursor on the divider line between the text above and the color graph below and drag downwards to expand the upper portion of the resultant image produced.
  • Please create a screen shot and attach or upload the image to your next post so I can have a look

It will look something like this

windirstat.JPG

Please download and install [url="http://sourceforge.n...more languages!)/windirstat1_1_2_setup.exe/download?use_mirror=superb-dca3"]WinDirStat[/url].
[LIST]
[*]Click on the desktop icon to run the program.[/*]
[*]Click on Individual Drives and then click on C: (or whichever drive is your Main Drive)[/*]
[*]Click on OK[/*]
[*]When the pacmen have finished there will be a graphic display of your drive.[/*]
[*]Place your cursor on the divider line between the text above and the color graph below and drag downwards to expand the upper portion of the resultant image produced.[/*]
[*]Please create a screen shot and attach or upload the image to your next post so I can have a look[/*]
[/list]It will look something like this

windirstat.JPG

wickkidda

wickkidda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

http://s4.postimg.or...dn/Untitled.png

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts

Ok, so as you look at this report, are you able to understand where your disk utilization is going?

Speed issues are always difficult to figure out. Often the issue is outside the computer. It could be router issues, Internet issues, things like that. On the other side, Operating System like to have more than 15% of free disk space to work with. 15% is usually the bottom of the acceptable limit, so I'd consider moving some of the non-essential items to offline storage. Does that make sense and help?

wickkidda

wickkidda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Yes, thanks.

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts

Anything else I can do to help or should I close the topice?

wickkidda

wickkidda

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

I think that's it. Thank you very much for your help. :)

Advertisements

Biscuithd

Biscuithd

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,573 posts
You a every welcome :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.