Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to share over network

• Please log in to reply

acracing98

acracing98

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi guys...i am new to all this networking stuff and have been reading countless websites trying to find a solution. I have two computers, desktop (A) and laptop (B). A is connected to the Linksys wireless router via cable and B is connected via wireless card. A and B can ping each other. A can connect to B's shared stuff by doing the \\xxx.xxx... but B cannot connect to A the same way. It just says network path is not found. I can use the internet connection on both computers just fine. I have turned off windows firewall as well as norton internet security. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Both computers have unique names, same workgroup...

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
same ip range?

ong2lua

ong2lua

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

hi guys...i am new to all this networking stuff and have been reading countless websites trying to find a solution.  I have two computers, desktop (A) and laptop (B).  A is connected to the Linksys wireless router via cable and B is connected via wireless card.  A and B can ping each other.  A can connect to B's shared stuff by doing the \\xxx.xxx... but B cannot connect to A the same way.  It just says network path is not found.  I can use the internet connection on both computers just fine.  I have turned off windows firewall as well as norton internet security.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Both computers have unique names, same workgroup...

View Post

I have the same problem in which Computer A runs XP HOME and computer B runs Windows ME. I solved my problem by re-run the Windows Network Setup Wizard on both computers. You might want to try to re-run the Windows Network Setup Wizard on both PCS and see if it works on your computers. Please let me know the result. I'm very ancious to hear from you. Good luck!