Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

nosey neighbor

• Please log in to reply

wendland

wendland

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My neighbor is video and audio taping me for use against me. Whats the best way to disrupt this voyer with evil intent

Advertisements

Lemurian

Lemurian

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

video tap him doing it and sue him for privacy violation:)

wendland

wendland

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks but I think I was looking for something a little moreTangible

Alan1998

Alan1998

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

That's pretty good actually, but that would mean wendland is breaching Privacy as well. That being said, call the police when he's doing it, or contact them and ask if it's legal to record someone when youo're being wrongfully recorded/.

Lemurian

Lemurian

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

How do you know that he's gonna use it against you?

did he threaten you? If yes, that's a good reason to contact police.

Another piece of advice: try asking this question at lawyers' forum 

wendland

wendland

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

the reason I came here w/ this ?, is I was hoping for a bunch of passive agrassive ideas to sabotage her. I dont have a lot of $ and Knowledge even less. thats where I wished I had some knowledable friends that knew what they talking about, but didnt. so I came to make some here @ GEEKS TO GO. ANY IDEA S u have i am open and THANK YOU ALL in advance. she is my x's Aunt, we both ownhome and property alongside each other.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
wendland

Whilst we are sorry to hear of your dispute with your neighbour it is not appropriate for anyone here to offer up suggestions that are in any way provocative, intimidatory or illegal.

To stand any chance of having this person's behaviour stopped you need a starting point, write down any previous occasions that you have observed the person recording you or that they have been harassing you and then take the evidence to the police, your complaint will be logged and the neighbour paid a visit by the police to be informed of your complaint, your neighbour will then be given the chance to offer their version of events after which you will receive a return visit from the police, be prepared for similar accusations to be made about yourself by your neighbour.

If you do not record and report it immediately you are on a loser.

Lernard

Lernard

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Do the same thing to him

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Do the same thing to him

And end up in the cells and then the courtroom  :blink:

Lemurian

Lemurian

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Do the same thing to him

And end up in the cells and then the courtroom  :blink:

A cool thing would be to end up in the same cell together :) 

I think the main thing here is to find out the reasons why the guy's videoing you... 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

the reason I came here w/ this ?, is I was hoping for a bunch of passive agrassive ideas to sabotage her. I dont have a lot of $ and Knowledge even less. thats where I wished I had some knowledable friends that knew what they talking about, but didnt. so I came to make some here @ GEEKS TO GO. ANY IDEA S u have i am open and THANK YOU ALL in advance. she is my x's Aunt, we both ownhome and property alongside each other.

Couple of clues that suggest that the perpetrator may not in fact be a male.

Regardless of the above, the law is the law and it must be upheld, as must be abiding by the GTG Terms of Use ;

Topics, Posts, and other Content
You may post content on this site, so long as the content is not:

• Illegal
  • Obscene
  • Threatening
  • Defamatory
  • Hateful
  • Invasive of privacy, Infringing of intellectual property rights (such as copyright and trademark rights)
  • Racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable.
  • Otherwise harmful or injurious to third parties.

HolyCowZ

HolyCowZ

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Have you all over looked the posters first line of text..................?

"My neighbor is video and audio taping me for use against me. "

Sounds Like the neighbour has the problem with the poster and is gathering evidence to me with lines like "for use against me"

To the poster:

My question would be what have you done to her/him? for them to be doing this and why are you so worried?

If this is a pervert it's easy just go to the police and don't tell neighbour so the police can get them before they take the stuff down and let them inspect it or do they have incriminating evidence against you?

My guess is yes they/he/she does