Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows freak out?

microphone usb bluetooth device drivers classic theme slow boot time

• Please log in to reply

Cocochanel972

Cocochanel972

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Okay, I have been working with the techs in chat and while they were very helpful for more than an hour, they recommended I post to the forum for help, hopefully someone will know what the issue is.

Earlier today (May 27th) I booted up my computer to show my friend my new AT2020. Prior to this and since I plugged the mic in (Friday May 23rd) it has worked fine, and windows has been fine. When I logged in, windows seemed fine, but my mic would not output through my speakers when I selected "Listen to this device" in the recording tab in sound options. To fix it, I figured I would restart, and that is when I encountered issues. The boot up after the restart was far longer than usual, and my windows theme reverted to classic, with no ability to change it back. The option to select windows 7 basic was grayed out. I also got a system message popup in the bottom right that said "Windows cannot connect to System Event Notification Service service (two services in a row--not a typo). This problem prevents standard users from logging onto the system. As an Admin user, you can review system event details about why the source didn't respond."

In device manager, BCM20702A0 with hardware ID's

USB\VID_0B05&PID_17B5&REV_0112

USB\VID_0B05&PID_17B5
Has a yellow warning on it. I also have two printers listed there but that came later a I updated drivers, I don't think they're affecting anything. It is listed as a bluetooth device but may also be a USB device. My AT2020 is a USB not XLR.

The only thing I could think of that may have brought this on was my attempts to follow a guide to set up a windows mic mute key using Nircmd. But that consisted of muting system volume so I doubt that being an issue too.

I have already tried reverting my system to a time that it was working, which was yesterday evening. I don't torrent, I haven't had any shady downloads, and should have no reason for viruses or malware. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Just found out Spotify and Itunes cannot play music because of an issue with my soundcard (I just have the regular old mobo sound) and my Logitech G35's don't work as an audio output. I select them but it still comes out speakers.

Edited by Cocochanel972, 27 May 2014 - 06:58 PM.

Advertisements