Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Gaming PC for Friends!

• Please log in to reply

Alan1998

Alan1998

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Hello,

My friend has a 1yr olf Toshiba Laptop using Intergrated Graphics. He's into Youtube video recording Rendering etc. Which means his small AMD processor won't cut it.

As it is, He'll be using it for BF4, CoD, Minecraft etc.  I'm hoping to fit a GTX 760 hopefully with an i5 or maybe i7 if it can be afforded. His price is 1,000 CAD.

Hopefully you guys can help out?

By the way, why can't I access PCPartPicker? I've tried on my home network and School Domain. Any ideas?

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

Possible CPP is under attack.   

Is the new build needing all new parts, including a OS?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

All good here, adding an OS pushed me $73 over budget Alan list

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Yes, mine back as well.

+1 for the build.

Although the system will give really good performance, if he is going to be recording/rendering games, he will need 2 HDDs as this will be a big bottleneck if only one drive is used.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

.Although the system will give really good performance, if he is going to be recording/rendering games, he will need 2 HDDs as this will be a big bottleneck if only one drive is used.

This is why I refer all members who have topics concerning rendering and raid to my good friend iammykyl  :D

Alan1998

Alan1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

He won't need an OS though. My dad works in the IT Industry and has access to Win 7, Win 8 and so on. I will pass this on to him! As for CPP, I can connect now. They must've been hit with a DDoS attack.

Edit:Revised list including 2nd 1tb HDD

Edited by Alan1998, 30 May 2014 - 05:41 AM.

Alan1998

Alan1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Edit: Fixed it :). Stupid settings, can't use the Search button, so I just went on my own laptop and searched the process name :)

Edited by Alan1998, 30 May 2014 - 06:58 AM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Good, thought they were down again.   it will be a great rig.   Are you helping with the build?

Thanks Phillpower2, that's another beer I owe you. 

Alan1998

Alan1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

I'd presume so, He's not very "Hard-ware" oriented. I'll need to borrow the Anti-Static wrist bands they have. Thanks guys!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Good, thought they were down again.   it will be a great rig.   Are you helping with the build?

Thanks Phillpower2, that's another beer I owe you. 

You are welcome Michael & thanks for the beer  :beer:  :cheers: