Hi all, hoping you can assist me. I am on my laptop computer. Last night I was on Google Chrome and received message that proxy was not working. (I do not use a proxy) I went to my settings, unchecked proxy and rechecked automatically detect settings, saved, exited and tried again...same message. Went back into settings and proxy was checked again. This has been going on for two days now. It is effecting IE and firefox the same way, message states...
I have tried running windows defender but it found nothing. I have no internet access on that computer besides access to my gmail through outlook, so I have been unable to download any other virus/malware software to run.
No matter what I have tried, something has hijacked my setting and will not let me change it. I am typing this on the infected computer using FireFox.
I have no idea what to do. Thank you for any assistance you can offer.