Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

PC wont start cpu fan spin for about 1sec then stops

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Motherboard Asus P5Q SE2
Intel Pentium Dual Core E5400
Memory 2x2GB ddr2
Graphics Card Radeon HD7750 1gb GDDR5
600W power supply
i am using my pc yesterday and it is working fine but when i try to open today it wont open the cpu fans spins for about 1 second then it stops.

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,710 posts

:welcome:    admxrain

Possible causes may include a bad power supply, poorly seated or bad Ram or video card, a bad CPU fan causing overheating and a faulty reset or power on button.

Start by removing and reseating the Ram and video card and while the side is off the case check that all internal connections are secure, when you are sure that everything has been checked and is ok leave the side off the case, restart the computer and watch the behaviour of the CPU and other cooling fans.

If no joy try booting with only a single stick of Ram in memory slot A1, if still no luck try the same stick in slot B1, repeat the process with the second stick of Ram and then post back.

What is the brand and model name or number of the PSU.

A guide to help with removing/replacing the Ram here

MB manual here