Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

explanation

• Please log in to reply

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
ok i am new and all but i have noticed something,
(the staff here rules)
ok when people come here for help we normally solve their problems but we dont explain to them what happend or y it happend. i think we should do this more often, it may be time consuming but in the end i think it would help people help other people and prevent problems. and it would also help youngins like me who are trying to learn this stuff and eventually want to make this their profesion

geeks to go rules :tazz:

thanks

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hi there Bob!

There isn't always a "cut and dried" answer to how people became infected. Was it through an email attachment they shouldn't have clicked and opened? Or perhaps a bad link via Instant Messenger? Many p*rn sites will load spyware and malware, and most P2P type programs do, as well.
Not having a firewall is another good way to get infected! Let's not forget people who never read EULA's when they agree to something...and end up getting Malware "extras" installed with their programs.

There are SO many different ways, it truly would be impossible for us to tell each person how they got infected.

Rather...we all use "prevention" speeches when we finish a post, to help people STAY PROTECTED and learn how to not get this stuff on their system.

Check this out..as well!

see TonyKlein's good advice
So how did I get infected in the first place? and AntiSpyware Net's spyware article: Spyware, Adware, Malware: What it is, how it got on my computer, how to get rid of it, and how to prevent it.

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
this makes more sense now. i did not see the big picture thanks ;)

(the links dont work :tazz: )

bob

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 31,676 posts
Tony's post at N-I: http://forums.net-in...?showtopic=3051