Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

still need help getting rid of baidu browser

hijack malware

• Please log in to reply

anita1973

anita1973

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
Seems as though my posts to get help getting rid of baidu browser have been locked. Baidu browser keeps coming back even though I default to bing. I know I originally posted under wrong forum. Was told this is correct forum, Google android, sorry if I'm being a pain

Edited by anita1973, 01 June 2014 - 10:16 AM.

Advertisements

anita1973

anita1973

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
OK, I'm surprised, I guess no one knows how to do this...

anita1973

anita1973

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

It's not a smartphone.  It's a tablet by MID.  I have no idea what you mean by "root it."  Treat me like a beginner.  I know my way around desktops but I don't know anything about tablets.

anita1973

anita1973

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

My phone didn't want to focus on the tablet settings page so I'll just type it here:

Processor- DualCore-A23

Model number- Q8H

Android ver.- 4.2.2

Firmware ver.- v2.0.9

Kernel ver.- 3.4.39

android5@Linux2 #157

Thu Feb 20 17:35:29 CST 2014

Built number- polaris-eng 4.2.2 8089 20140225 test keys

thanks for responding,

Anita

Mikehimself

Mikehimself

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Look in Downloads and delete anything you downloaded around the time your deevice became infected. A Chinese character in the title may give a clue to which one is the culprit.
Go into the browser and click on the three dots at the top right of the screen, below the time. Find 'Settings' at the bottom of the drop-down menu. Remove any add-ons. Power off, then re-start the tablet.
Hope that helps. Would appreciate your feedback.

anita1973

anita1973

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

The screen on this device cracked and it doesn't work anymore.  Going to to dispose of it.  Thanks for the comments.  Wish they could have come sooner...

TechnicianOnline

TechnicianOnline

• Pip
  • 4 posts

As a quick reference... with anything Android it's always good to download an AV like Sophos or CM Security Suite.

Chukeezmom

Chukeezmom

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm having the same issue.  Was told to "root" it.   I installed Root Browser from Google Play....Is it possible to delete the whole pre-installed brower on the tablet and just install Google Chrome?

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts

I'm having the same issue.  Was told to "root" it.   I installed Root Browser from Google Play....Is it possible to delete the whole pre-installed brower on the tablet and just install Google Chrome?

Rooting it is the only way to get rid of any of the pre-installed bloatware. And rooting it doesn't mean installing an app with the word 'root' in it, it is a far more complicated task and I would not recommend it for someone that so far even don't know what root is. (See here and here for more info about rooting an Android.)

TechTorpedo

TechTorpedo

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Some technical mobile shops will root for you, this is what i had to do for one of my andorid phones, as i couldn't get it to work doing it myself

Jacky888

Jacky888

• Pip
  • 1 posts

For rooting at samsung me help apps Iroot and Kingo root many good programs out there can you recommend a good manual here and site android root 8.0 Orellete 2017 for quick access to android version