Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot save Microsoft Office files

• Please log in to reply

John Walter Calipes

John Walter Calipes

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My pc cannot save any microsoft office files(word, excel, powerpoint etc). and Microsoft office enterprise(which i dont know what) always configure whenever i turn my pc on, the configuration process hangs a lot that is why i just cancel it, and it still hangs. whenever i try to continue to configure and be patient, it says error make sure...blah blah, contactpicker..and i try to remove office enterprise but i cannot uninstall it on my machine, what can i do? everything works fine except microsoft office. its running on windows xp. thanks ;)

Advertisements

Lemurian

Lemurian

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

In situations like this dead-wiping Office and installing its different version did help me.

I would: 

0. Try to uninstall it with a different from Windows default uninstaller, if it doesn't work

1. delete all the files in Program Files/msoffice

2. Run regcleaner

3. Kill all the MSOffice entries in msconfig relating to services and loading at startup

4. Restart and delete all the files left. If there's any resistance (there should be none) I'd use any of those of "unlock file" or force remove software.

Another thing that might be -- it could be not the Office but a Windows Explorer glitching because of the virus.

Hope you know what to do in this case:) 

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

1st off. Do not use any registry cleaner what so ever. GTG does not recommend this. You could very well wipe out the computer and you will be worse off.

Do you have the MSoffice install CD?

If so, I would uninstall the program, Use Revo Uninstaller Free:

Then try to reinstall the program