Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FPS problems, Help is greatly apreciated.

Gaming pc FPS slow help fix

• Please log in to reply

doyle239

doyle239

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Hello,

I just made this account to ask for help with some FPS problems when playing PC games. I have been told by multiple people that my computer is good and should be able to run newer games at pretty decent FPS, but i haven't been able to thus far. Games like Battlefield 3, Assassins creed 4 and goat simulator run at less than 10 FPS. IM not sure what to do so i came here for possible advice and solutions

I have attached my Razer Diagnostic report, not sure if that will help bring about a solution though. Also, sorry if i seen kind of mad, its just that im getting frustrated because i dont know much about computers and i just want to play some games :) 

Thanks in advance for the Help

Diagnostic Report: Attached File  Razer Game Booster Diagnostics Report.txt   27.01KB   510 downloads

Specs:

Processor Brand AMD 
Processor Platform AMD VISION A8 APU 
Processor AMD A8-Series 
Processor Speed 3.2GHz 
Cache Memory 4MB on die Level 2 
System Memory (RAM) 8GB 
System Memory (RAM) Expandable To 32GB 
Type of Memory (RAM) DDR3 SDRAM 
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 7560D 
Video Memory Up to 4GB (shared); up to 4055MB (total available as allocated by Windows 8) 
Audio Beats Audio; High Definition Audio with up to 7.1-channel surround sound capabilities 
Speakers None 
Network Card Built-in 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet LAN 
Wireless Networking Built-in 802.11b/g/n wireless LAN 
Recordable DVD Drive Yes, double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW 
Recordable DVD Drive Speeds 8x DVD+R DL; 8x DVD-R DL; 16x8x16 DVD+RW; 16x6x16 DVD-RW; 5x DVD-RAM; 40x24x40 CD-RW 
Direct-Disc Labeling No 
Digital Media Reader or Slots Yes, digital media card reader 
Available Expansion Bays External: 1 (3.5"), 1 (5.25"); Internal: 1 (3.5") 
Available Expansion Slots 3 PCI Express x1, 1 PCI Express x16 
USB 2.0 Ports 4 USB 3.0 (2 front, 2 rear); 4 USB 2.0 (rear) 
Keyboard Description USB with volume control 
Other Control Devices (mouse, etc.) Optical mouse 
Operating System Platform Windows 
Operating System Windows 8 
ENERGY STAR Certified No 
Best Buy PC App No 
HDMI Output No 
Blu-ray Player No 
Graphics Chip AMD/ATI 
Drive Capacity 1TB 
Hard Drive Size 1TB 
Hard Drive Type SATA (7200 rpm) 
UPC 400014989344

Advertisements

Alan1998

Alan1998

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
You are using Intergrated Graphics.

The rec system requirements is a dedicated GPU of a GTX 560. You have a Radeon HD 7560D (G3D score of 660).

The 560 has a G3D of 3,098.

You have enough RAM.
Your processor should be fine. Quad AMD CPU @ 3.2Ghz.

You have a PCI-E x16 Slot.

You also have PunkBuster. Which meets the technical defintion of Spyware.
1001 - PnkBstrA - [C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe]

http://www.tacticalg...er-spyware.html

Let me know if you would like a card for the PCI-E and I can get Phill here so he can help you

doyle239

doyle239

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Post removed, could not figure out how to delete my response

Edited by doyle239, 05 June 2014 - 08:46 AM.

doyle239

doyle239

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

You are using Intergrated Graphics.

The rec system requirements is a dedicated GPU of a GTX 560. You have a Radeon HD 7560D (G3D score of 660).

The 560 has a G3D of 3,098.

You have enough RAM.
Your processor should be fine. Quad AMD CPU @ 3.2Ghz.

You have a PCI-E x16 Slot.

You also have PunkBuster. Which meets the technical defintion of Spyware.
1001 - PnkBstrA - [C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe]

http://www.tacticalg...er-spyware.html

Let me know if you would like a card for the PCI-E and I can get Phill here so he can help you

Thanks for the response,

I have removed PunkBuster, and it would be awesome if you could recommend a card for the PCI-E

thanks again.

EDIT: i had someone tell me that my "monitor" could be causing problems because it has a weird resolution. I'm using a small TV i had before i got my computer. Could that really be the problem?

Edited by doyle239, 05 June 2014 - 08:58 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

Hello doyle239

As already advised by Alan1998 the integrated video chip will hinder your gaming/FPS performance, sort this first as it does need doing and then see how the present screen that you are using bears up.

Please note that before purchasing an add on video card that the following must be considered;

Is the present PSU (power supply unit) powerful enough or will it also need upgrading.

What type of case do you have, full tower, mid tower or SFF (small form factor) this is important as you must make sure that there is enough room inside the case for the upgrade/s, upgrading a SFF type system can be difficult as they often use propriety components such as smaller and differing shape PSUs and they only have enough room inside the case for a low profile type add on card.

Can you post the brand and model name or number of the PSU, the type of case you have and what speed your Ram is.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts

In your games, do you have all the options turned on?  If you were to reduce your settings to medium, you should see an improvement.

As to display resolution, the larger the display resolution is set to, the more it demands.  Even more so when you go over 1920x1080.  However if your are a smaller resolution (16x9 is normaly 1366×768) then that should also help you out, but not nearly as much as reducing your in game settings. 

In bf3, I adjusted my in game settings to medium and got significantly more frames on my older pc which has less power than your system.