Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

generic5 virus [Closed]

adware generic5 generic generic5.avcm adware generic5 adware generic5 virus Virus malware avg virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

bradwarden

bradwarden

• Pip
  • 1 posts

A few days ago I received a threat. AVG detected it as being "adware generic5.avcm". I do not know how to remove this threat. I did a system reaore, knowing that doesn't really help viruses, and the threat went away, hasn't popped up again that is. I preformed a scan with malewarebytes and preforemed an AVG scan but computer still seems to be running sluggish and some application seem to be messed up as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please and thanks.

Edited by bradwarden, 05 June 2014 - 10:10 AM.

Advertisements

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts
Greetings! welcome.gif

My name's Naathim, I'm a GeekU Minion and I'm pleased to meet you!
Now that we are mates and will be working together to clean your machine out of any junkware, feel free to call me Naat  :)
I know that it is quite frustrating to have an infected machine because I was once in your shoes. Don't worry! Maybe I'm not a super-human, I don't know everything nor I am limitless, but I promise to do my best to fix your issues!

Here are some notes that should make our work faster and easier, please take a look and stay familiar with them  :happy:

icon_exclaim.gif

icon_arrow.gif Malware removal is a long-time process due to tough analysis and research. Stay with me until I say we're done.
icon_arrow.gif Read my instructions completely before proceeding and always run the tools in the order given!
icon_arrow.gifDon't try to fix anything on your own or run any other tools. They may interfere what may lead to prevent your System from the next boot-up.
icon_arrow.gif To make my work easier post the logs directly in your replies, unless asked to attach them.

icon_question.gif

icon_idea.gifIf any unexpected problem will appear, interrupt processing and return here with a note!
icon_idea.gifNever be afraid to ask if in doubt!

Now that we have formalities out of the way, let's get started!  :rockon:

Please post me here the latest log from MBAM and we will go on from there. To do so:

Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and go to the History tab.

On the left panel choose Application logs:

tq7qi6z6.png

Select the last one Scan log and click View.

At the bottom please click Export and pick up text file from the menu:

p84ykoav.png

icon_arrow.gif Save this file to your desktop and post it into your next reply for my review.

Cheers,
Naat  :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.