Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sfc /scannow error codes in Event Viewer (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

scarlet.rose

scarlet.rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Thanks very much Phil for your continued help and assistance. I will look at those recommendations.

Just a reminder: The least few times I tried to run System Restore it wouldn't complete: "Computer cannot be restored to....." no matter what date I chose.

So the drivers are ok then (one can be updated) or should they be tested further with drivermax if possible?

And the intermittent BSODs, what should we do now if anything?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

You are welcome scarlet.rose  :)

I was aware of the previous system restore issue but had in mind that it was before your update issues etc had been resolved + you are at least attempting to make sure that a fresh restore point is available by attempting to create a new one.

Dell drivers are always best obtained from Dell as their computers are rather picky when it comes to drivers and other software.

Freeing up the demand on the Ram and updating the video drivers may resolve the BSOD.

scarlet.rose

scarlet.rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Ok :)

Yes, there is a chance System Restore would work now.

Two things appeal to me. Sometime in future a repair installation of XP - would like to do a clean installation but that's beyond what I would feel comfortable with.......and upgrading the ram.

http://www.memorysto...Id=&MdlId=16290

My computer may be on its last legs but I'd like to give it another one to stand on. :laughing:

Have you any information on upgrading ram please? Do you know a good place where I could buy new (preferably Dell certified) rambus for Dell Dimension 8100? It would be best to put money towards a new computer really, but as long as it's reasonably priced.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

I would recommend against a fresh installation in this instance, this because the 8100 was released pre Windows XP so if you were to have any driver issues you may have trouble obtaining them again + keep in mind the lack of previous XP updates that are now (or not rather) available from Microsoft.

Can I suggest that you save all of your present drivers to an alternative source such as a USB thumb drive or burned to a disk.

Regarding upgrading the memory, you presently have 2 X 128MB sticks, to get the best out of the computer you would be better to have 4 X 256MB of matching sticks** and this would be very expensive to obtain from here in the UK, see here the cost of the memory at your link is far better but please check any shipping costs before making any purchase, actually upgrading the memory we will walk you through if required.

** Your computer manual states that memory modules up to 256MB are compatible with your motherboard and I would be led by this as opposed to online sites offering 512MB sticks as being appropriate for you computer, see page 53 of the computer manual.

scarlet.rose

scarlet.rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Thank you very much for the important information and for taking the time to look into my computer manual.

I did think that was a large increase in MB for the ram sticks......unfortunately I haven't yet found found any Dell certified 256MB ram sticks on that particular site, I will look elsewhere. Must it be Dell certified?

The postage to the UK on that particular site is US $26.95, which is ok - yes some international postage charges are very expensive!

Re: "Can I suggest that you save all of your present drivers to an alternative source such as a USB thumb drive or burned to a disk."

I have a new one of this, is this ok........

http://www.amazon.co...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How do I save the drivers to a USB thumb drive disk or a CD disk please?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

Dell do not make their own Ram and all that being Dell certified means is that a computer was shipped with that specific brand and spec Ram when the computer was new.

Run the Offtek memory scan tool - upper right hand corner of the page and see what is suggested, let us know and we can look around the internet for the same spec but better prices.

To save the Windows drivers to your thumb drive (you may wish to print this)

Step 1 – Open Windows Notepad by selecting the program icon from the Windows Accessories sub-menu on the Start menu.

Step 2 – Copy and paste the following text into the blank text document:

pause

%homedrive%

cd “%homepath%my documents”

md xpDriverBackUp

cd xpDriverBackUp

xcopy %windir%help /y

xcopy %windir%inf /r /y

xcopy %windir%system /r /y

xcopy %windir%system32 /r /y

xcopy %windir%system32drivers /r /y

cd ..

attrib -h driverback

pause

Step 3 – Save the file with a logical file name such as “WindowsDrivers.bat” and ensure that the file extension is saved as “.bat”

Step 4 – Double click the new batch file, which will then save the Windows driver files to the directory specified in Step 2.

Step 5 – Save the backup driver folder to a memory stick or CD to store the driver files in a location other than the computer.

You should save the Dell drivers direct from their website and the same for any third party printer etc, you may find it easier to create a folder named Dell on your desktop, save the drivers from Dell to that and then copy the folder and its contents to your thumb drive.

scarlet.rose

scarlet.rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Ok, thanks. :)

Run the Offtek memory scan tool - this can't be right, only option given was to save it to Notepad (don't understand it, see attachment) - no other results showed?

Edited by scarlet.rose, 29 June 2014 - 11:44 AM.

scarlet.rose

scarlet.rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Run the Offtek memory scan tool - this can't be right, only option given was to save it to Notepad (don't understand it, see attachment) - no other results showed?

Upload keeps failing here?

Error This upload failed

Edited by scarlet.rose, 29 June 2014 - 06:41 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

Can you copy/paste the results into your next reply.

scarlet.rose

scarlet.rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

I don't think it's even scanned my computer, when I click on scan I am asked whether I want to open or save "offtek_ns.hta, which is Text Document"......when I click open (default) this immediately appears:

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Offtek System Info</TITLE> <HTA:APPLICATION ID="HTAEx" APPLICATIONNAME="Offtek" SCROLL="no" SINGLEINSTANCE="yes" SHOWINTASKBAR="no" WINDOWSTATE="minimize" BORDERSTYLE="normal" BORDER="none" NAVIGABLE="no" MAXIMIZEBUTTON="no" MINIMIZEBUTTON="no" SYSMENU="no"/> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="jscript.encode" ><!--
#@~^JzEAAA==W!x^DkKxPtk    [nMW8+v#`-mDP1CwmmkDzI\mD,0GDhWmmOWMS::G.HYX2nB/2+[BYza+9+Ymk^SNmYChbNO4BN+7rmVW1COWMi1l2l^rDXxBEI0KDhWmmYG.{BvisnsW.HYHw+{BEI/a+nN{BvIDXw[+Dlk^xvBpNmYChr[DtxBEIN\r^VW^CDW.'EvpAC    3dl4V{vBpnG/bYrG    qx"Gh{BBpPCo{BEi-l.~S4n:wslTInO!Dx(hs+[kmOVz{!XF!p\m.PS4n:wVCLwWDSCD9rx^zx!X Zi-l.~A62{9CY'UnSPfCO`bi7CMPhH{9lY'yXi7l.PsXmhKxY4x p\lM~hX|Xl.'+T8vI2X2{9lOnc/+Oo!Vs5CM`hH{H+lM~sz{sWUY4~hz|NlDn#p\lM~OW9lH'U+A~GlO+vbib0cOKNlz@*A62{9CD+bPl^+DD`EeW!D~/1lU~6kV~tm/Pa2kM+9R~nsnm/nP1GxDl^O,hkO4,/rY~mNhbxb/YMlDGD,0GD,InUhPbOB*ihbU[WSR1VG/nc*iN+^d+P\C.,NW^i"SxJ4ODwlJzShhcW6WY3 mKR;VJHW9nVGlYm 2tag1tV'd^mxEi7CD,l..;W:2;D+./{Uh~zDMlXvJcE#p0GDvkxTpk@!m.D;W:a;O+M/cVnxLO4ir_3b    7l.~K4L    \&?nD7r1+xV+Dr4N+1O`rhrxsohOk)-'w-r_lM./Wsw!YnDd,bTQJ'wDKWOw'Zq\#yJbi7CMP^KV&Y+s/{G4N\qU+.-bm+c36mp!n.XvJU2J2/P,e~s"6H,rU2 {/Gsw;Y.UXdD+sJ~r5JJBh8+sssCTI+D;D    q:sn[kmYVzuA8:oVmLsKDACMNrUsH#I\m.,+U!:&Y+s/{U+SP3x!:n.mYWMcmKVqDnh/*i6W.`IZx;:&O+s/ CD2x[c*inx!h&Yns/c:W7+gn6D`b#P\C.,W4N(Y:'U;:&Y:dRrO:c#pj+mD^4UYDrUT'E:a 7+U9WM 'r_K8L&Yn:cHCU!0l1OEM+D3E':aRsW[+s+{JQW(%qD+h tWNns3J':a bxdDl^V+9DmhF{JQW(L(O:RDGYmVw4zdk1l^:n:G.H_E[s2RkXdHm:+xE3W8L&O: gls+ipNK^Es+UYc/zdD+:&U0KR\U[WM c\CV;n{W8L&O+sR\C    E0C^DE.+MI9W^!:xYc/HdY:(x6W hKN+^+R7lV!nxW(L&Yn: \KNnVp[W1Ehn    YRdzkYn:&U6W bxkYl^V[Dm:qR7ls;'W(%qD+:cOGYmVatz/r^mVh+sGDHi[G1E:nUDRdXkO:(    0KR/H/gC:R-l^EnxK4L&O+sR1mhni)86W.`rxZir@!m.D;Wh2!Y+.dcVnxTO4ir3_*    \mD,G4N\qU+.-bm+{!+Dr4Nn^YvJSkU:LhD/l-'w-r_C.MZWh2!YnDk,bTQr-'DWKY'wZ&H# r#I-mDP1GV&Y+sdxW(LqH(?n.7k^+c36m};DXcEU2J2;P,e~wI}HPqk    f |ZG:aEOnM?XkO+snDK[;mDJBJ    pJEBh8+soVmo]nDEDU(s:nNbCD+sHuS4+ss^CowW.hmD[6    VX*I\mDPU;:&Y:d'UnSP3x!h+MlOGM`mGs&Yn:kbp0GM`p"+    Es(Y:dRmY3U9`#pnx!:qDnh/c:K\n1naD`b#P-lMPG8NqYnh{+UEs(D+hkRbY+s`*I?l.m4?O.bxo{j+mDm4jODbxT_E[h2c\nx9GD8'EQK4L(O: \U9W.3JL:wc:K[+^FxJ3W8%&Y+s xm:+p[Gm!:xORdzkYn:&U0KR-n    NW.qc\CV!n{W8NqD+:c\UNKDINKm;hxYcdXkY+s(U0KRsW[+sqc\CV!n'K4%(D+: Um:ni)N6W.vk{!ib@!m.D;Whw!Yn.kRVUoDtibQQ#P\mD~W8%qH(?.\bmnxV+Y68N+^YvESkUsosY/=-'w-r_CDMZGhaEY./]kT3Ew-MWKYw-/(t.+J*I\mD~^KVqOns/xW(%qH(U+M\k1+c36m}EDzcr?2d3Z:Pe,o]rtPqkU&+m~q6?rSJqpJEBh4nhwVCo"nDE.    qs:+9kmO+^Xkh(+ho^lowGDSlD96UVH#p\CD~n    EhqDn:k'UnSP2U;s+.lDGM`^KV&Y+s/*I0KDcie+U;sqYh/clYAU[`*ix;:(O:dRsG\1naD`#b`7l.PK8NqO:{+x!:&O+s/ kD+hc*i?CD1t?D.rxT'U+CD^4UY.k    L_r[h2c\+U[KDf'rQK4%&Y:Rsl    ;0mmOEM+.Qr[:a 4bW/{EQW(L&Yn: -DdkKUi9W^;s+xO kXdYh&xWKR7+x9WMfR7lsE'G8NqYhRslx!WCmDEM+.i[G1Eh+    ORkXdO:qUWKR8kKdc\C^E'W(L&O+sR-+M/rG    i8)WWM`k{TIk@!lMD/Wh2!YnDk VxLO4ikQQ*    -lM~K4%qH&?+M\b^+{MnY}4%n1Y`rAk    :osOd)'-'-E_C.MZG:a;YDd,bT_Ew'DGWDw'Z(t.yJ#p\m.P1WsqD+hd{W4N    H&?+M-rmRA6nm};Dz`rj2d2/P,ePo]}H~bU2 mhDKm+k/K.JBJ    pdJSA(+:wslTI+D;.x&:s+[kCOVzuS8+sssCTsW.AmD[r    sH#I7lMP+    Es(Y:d'    +A~AxEsnDmYWMc^W^qD+h/bI6W.`pZ+    Eh(D+:d mY3x9c*in    EsqY:k :K\n16Oc*#    7CD,W4N(O+s'x;:(O:dRbO+s`bIU+l.^4?ODbUT'jlMmtUYMrxT_E[sw 2MWm{E_K4L&On:cN/^Dr2DkGx3E[sw 2MWmhC0+xJ3G(L(D+sR:mx!Wl1Y;DDQEL:wc2DKmxmhn'r_K4%qOnsRUlsn_r[h2c0/8xr_G4N(D+hc+XYm^W1V_r[hwcw.G1qN{E_K4L&On:cnMW^+ddKD(N3E[sw 2MWmPza+xJ3G(L(D+sRnMW1n/kW.KHwnQr[:a wMWmz[[D/krNO4{JQW(%qD+h zNN.nk/    k9O4_EL:aRwMW1)D1trYmO;M+'rQW(LqDnhRzD1trYn^DE.+3E[sw 2MWm)-mksl(r^kOH'r_W(L&O+sR)\mksC(kVbOX3J[s2 wMW1?OlO;k'E_K8L&YnhcZw;jDlOEkQr[haRaDW1Z^Gm0?2+NxE3W4N(Y:R;;.DxDZsW^VUwn+9QJL:2 aDW^9mYCb[Dtxr_K4L&YhRGlOlqk[O4_JLhwcwDK^9+kmMk2YrG    'E_K8L&Ynhcf+d^Mk2YbG    _EL:aRwMW19+7k^+&fxE3W4N(Y:RGn-k1+&fQJ'haR2DK^sm:rsH'JQG(L(YhcsCsk^X_r[s2RaDGmd /C1t+Ury'J3G8L&Y: S+/mm4+Ury_E'swR2.KmJ ;C1tnUw+N{J3G4NqO+sRJ+;lm4n?a++9QE[swcw.W^J\nV{E_K4%(D+: J\nV3EL:2cwMWmdWm[nD^+    YCL'J3G4NqYh SKl9nnD^n    YCoQJL:2 aDW^Kgn9+7r1+(G'r_W(L&O+sRK1hfn-bm+&9_r[:a 2DKm"+-kdrKxxJ3G4NqOnsRIn-b/rW    Qr[haRaDW1IKs+{JQW(L(O:R"GV_JLh2RaDKmjW^VY9+kro    lOrKx'EQK4%qDnsRjKm0+YG+kro    lOkKxQEL:wc2DKm?DCOEkq    0GDhCDkGx{E_K4%(D+: jDlOEk(    0G3JL:wcwMGmUYnwakUL{J_K8L&Y+s jYwakUoQEL:2Ra.W1jUr$E+([{JQW(%&YnsR`xk$E(N3J':aR2.KmjaLDmN+tnOtKN{JQW8%&Yn:ciwTDC[H+O4KNQJLhaR2MW1.W^YmL+;l2/{JQG(LqDn:c.W^OCoZmwdi[G1Eh+    ORkXdO:qUWKR2DK^c\C^E'W(L&O+sR[+km.raYkKUi9Wm!hnxDRkXdYnh&xWWc2DKmhC0+R-C^En'K8NqO:c:l    E6CmDE.+Mi[G1E:UYc/XkOn:&x6W w.G1xC: \mV;n{W4%(D+hR    Cs+I9W1E:xD /H/O+sqUWKR0k8R7lV!nxW(L&Yn: nXY^VK^3pNG^!:+UOc/z/DnsqU6WcwDKm&[R7lsE'G8NqYhRhDW1nd/KD&NING^!:nxD /H/OnsqxWGcw.W1PHwnc\mVE'K8L&Yn:cn.G1+/kGD:XwI[W1Es+UY dH/O+s(x6W 2MWm)[9Dn/k    bNO4R7lV!+{G4NqO+sR)[9D+kdbNY4I[W1Es+UY dH/O+s(x6W 2MWm).1trY^DE.R7lV!+{G4NqO+sR).1tkDnmDEDI[W1Es+UY dH/O+s(x6W 2MWm)-mksl(r^kOHR7lV!+{G4NqO+sR)-mkVm8k^kYHI[W1Es+UY dH/O+s(x6W 2MWmjOmY;/c-mV;'K4L&YhR;w;?DlO;kiNK^Es+xD dXkY:(xWGcw.W1/VKmVja++[ 7lsExK4%&Y:R;EM.+    Y/VKmVja++9INKmEsnUYc/H/O+h(    0GRa.W1fCOmk[O4R-l^;'G(L&Y+sRGCYmrNDtI[KmEsnxDR/HdO+sq    0GR2.Km9+k^DbwOrKxR-C^En'K8NqO:cf+kmMrwDkGxpNG^!:+    ORkX/Dnhq    0KR2DG^G+-k1nqGR-C^E+xG(L(Yhcfn7k1+qGi9Gm!:nxDRdzkY+s(x6WRa.GmwlsksX -mV;+{G4NqOnsRsChbVzi9G1EhxDR/H/Dn:&xWWcw.G1S ;Cm4+?b"nR7l^En'G8NqO+s SyZC^4+?r"i[W1;s+UDRkX/D+s(x6W wMW^JyZl14+Uw+[ \mV!+xW8%&Yn:cJ ;l^4?wnn9i[W1;s+UDRkX/D+s(x6W wMW^J\+^ \mVExG4NqD+hRJn7+si9Gm!:nUDR/zdD+hq    WKR2MW1SWmNhnD1+UYmon 7lV!n'K4L&On:cSKl[nn.1+UYmL+pNG^!:+UOc/z/DnsqU6WcwDKmhHnG+-k1+(9c\l^;+{W4N(O+sRh1Kfn-bmnqGINKm;hxY dH/O+s(    0GcwMWm"+7r/bWUR7ls;'W(%qD+:c]n\b/bWUi[G1Eh+    ORkXdO:qUWKR2DK^"WsR7lV!+{G4NqO+sR]G^+i9Gm!:+    O /H/D+hqUWKR2DK^?KmVnDf+drTxCYbG    R-mV!+'K4N(Y: ?KmVnDf+kro    lYbGUi9W1Eh+UOc/z/Dn:&xWGcwDG^UYCY!d&xWKDslYbW     \mV;+{W8%&Y+s ?DlY!d(x6WpNGm;hxORkz/D+h(    0W 2MW^?Dnawr    oc\l^ExW(L(Y: jD+warxTiNK^;:xDRdXdO:(x6GRaDG^`xk5;q[R7C^En{W(LqD+s j    k5Eq[I9Wm!h+    YRkzdY:&xWW 2MW^jaLDmNn\YtG[c\CV!n{W8NqD+:cjaLDmNnHY4G9iNK^Es+xD dXkY:(xWGcw.W1#W^YCLZl2dc\CV!n{W8NqD+:c.KsYmonZmwdN)0WMck{!ib@!CDMZK:2EOnM/ VUoDtIr3_#`-mD~W(%qH(U+M\k1+{!+Dr8LmOcrhk    hosY/=ww-'J3l.D/Gsw;Y./]kDQr--.GKYw-;(t.+r#p\lMP1GV&Yn:k'G8NH&j+M\k1n 2X+1p;+.zvJj2d3Z:PM~wIr\~qkU&ymhtzkk1lVt+sGDHb.DmXESrpdE~S4+soslTIY;DU(s:nNbCYVzkS4+ho^lLsK.Sl.9r    VX*i7CD,+UEsqOns/'    nh,2x!hnDmYKDcmGs&Yn:kbi6W.cp"+U;sqO+sdclOAx9`#p+    ;:&Yn:kRhG7+1aYv##P-CD,W(L(Ynh{+UEs(Y:d bY+hc*ij+m.1tjDDbxo{?CD1tjYMkUL3J[s2Rsl6MCh'r_K4%qOnsRhlX^lal^rDX_E'sw /^GD/xr_K4L&YhRs+hWMX[n7kmdi9Wm!hnxDRkXdYnh&xWWchlXDChc\ls;'G4N(D+hc:m6mmwm^kDXINKm;hxYcdXkY+s(U0KRkVGYd 7lsExW(L(O:RhnsW.X9n7k^/pk0vW(%qD+hRs+hGMXN-k1+/{x*#PNKm;:nUDRdXkO+sqUWKR/sGD/ \ms!+xyi)886WMck{!Ik@!l..;W:a;YD/csnxTY4ir_QbP\CD,G4N\(U+D-r1+xMO}4%mD`JSk    hosYd)'-wwr_lM.ZK:w!OnDk$bTQJwwMWGY'wZ&H#+r#i-CMP^W^(D+hk'K4LqH&j+M\rmR3amp!nDH`JU3J2;K,e~s]6tP    k    f |r2nMlYrUT?z/DnsJSr5SJBh(n:wVCo"+O;Mxqsh+9klDnsX-h(+hssCTsGDSCD9rUsH#i-CMPnx!h&Yns/{x+SPAUEs+.lDW.c1WV&O+s/#pWGDvie+UEh(D+h/cCYAx[c*i+U;sqO+sdc:G7+g+6D`*b    7l.PK4%(D+:{nx!:qDnh/ckD+h`bIU+CD14?DDrUT'?nCMm4?D.bxL3JL:wcWkxJ3W8L&YnhcmlaOkKx_r'hwc/D-k^nal^3{E_K4%(D+: ^kN-+MdbWU3JL:wc../bWU'r_G8NqYhRj+DkrGx3JL:2R6jtlUE6CmDE.nM'JQG(L(YhcHC    E6lmDEMnD3J':aR    r    fkMnmDWDHxE_K4NqO+h qkUNKA/Gk.n1YW.z3J':a dW^mV'J3W(%qD+hRdW^C^+_r':aRb7CrVm4^+Ktz\:GDHxJ3W8%&Y+h wDn+h4H/r1l^H+sWMz_r[hwcKGOmV.b.Y!lVtnhWMX{JQW8%&Yn:cPWDls#bDY;C^Hn:K.H?r.+3J[swc)\mksl(Vn#bDY!CVt+:K.z'r_K4%qOnsRoDn.bDO;mVHnhKDzi9G1EhxDR/H/Dn:&xWWcWd 7lV!n'K4L&On:cmmwOkGUpNGm!h+    Y dH/Ynh&xWWcdD-bmwl13c-l^En'K4%(D+:c^/9\+MdrW    i9W^Ehn    Y /HdY:(U6WR#nM/rW     7ls!+{W4NqDn:c.nDkkGUpNW1;:xYcdz/D+sqU0G }?\l    ;0mmO;M+D -mV;+{G(L(D+sRHmx!Wl1Y;DDI[KmEsnxDR/HdO+sq    0GR    r    frD^YKDz 7lV;n{W8L&O: qk    NWS/GrDmOWMXI[KmEsnxDR/HdO+sq    0GRJG1ls+c-l^EnxK4L(O: SK^mVnpNKmEs+    ORkXdY:(U6WRz-lbVl(snn4Xt+hW.zc\CV!n'K4%(D+: oM+nn4zkk^mVt+:KDHINKm;:xO kX/Dn:&x0K PWDl^.rDO;mV\+sGDHR-C^E+xG(L(YhcKGDl^.kMY!CVt+hWMXjr.+i9Gm!:+    O /H/D+hqUWKR)\mrVm4snjkDO;mV\+sGMX 7l^E+{W(%qD+hRwDnnjkDD;l^H+sG.Xp8)0GDcr{!Ik@!CDMZGhaEYn.kRs+    LDtIb_3#    7lM~W(L    H&?n.7kmxMYr(%nmD`rhrxhLsYd)'w-'JQCMDZGhaEO+Md]kD3J'-DKWDw-;q\.yJbI7lD,^W^qYhd'K4N\qjnM\rm 2X+^}!+Dzcr?3SA/:PM,s"rH,bU&y{9kkwsCHZW    WkTEDmOrW    JBJ    pJEBh8+soVmo]nDEDU(s:nNbCD+sHuS4+ss^CowW.hmD[6    VX*I\mDPU;:&Y:d'UnSP3x!h+MlOGM`mGs&Yn:kbp0GM`p"+    Es(Y:dRmY3U9`#pnx!:qDnh/c:K\n1naD`b#P-lMPG8NqYnh{+UEs(D+hkRbY+s`*I?l.m4?O.bxo{j+mDm4jODbxT_E[h2cArYkK+Mnns{J_G8NqO+s ~kOknDnV3E[sw f\r^1lsn'r_W(%(Y:cfn\r^1C:QJL:2 Gk/2smXoVmLk'E3W(LqD+s fb/2VmXosmo/3E[swRGrdw^lHs.+5;x^X{E_K4%(D+: 9b/2VmzwDn$ExmH_r':aR9Db\n.j+DkrW    'PrQG4NqD+hR9.b\nDjnDkkGU3J[h2cSGohrX+sk'r_W(L&O+sRJWTnraV/3E[swRhns/_+bo4YxE3W8L&O+sRKn^/CnrTtO_r'sw h+^/bND4'r_G4NqOnsRns/qkND4QJL:aRj+OObxLqGxJ3W8%&Y+h U+OYbUTq93JL:wc?anmj+./bWUxr_W(%qD+:cj2+1k6k^lOrKx#+MdkKxI[KmEhn    Y /HdD+h&x6WR~kDdnDK+^R-C^E+{G4NqYh AbYknnDKn^i[W1;:xO kX/OnsqU0K G+-bm1ls+c-l^En'K4%(D+:c9+7kmHC:i9W^Ehn    Y /HdY:(U6WR9rkwslHo^lLkR7lV!+{G4NqO+sR9rkwVmzs^lokI[W1Es+UY dH/O+s(x6W 9b/wsCHs.+$;x^HR7lV!+{G4NqO+sR9rkwVmzsM+;!nUmHi9W^Ehn    Y /HdY:(U6WR9.b\nDjnM/rKxc\l^ExW(L(Y: 9Mk\..D/bGUi9W1Eh+UOc/z/Dn:&xWGcSWLKb6nVk 7ls!+{W4NqDn:cSGohkan^/i9Gm!:+    O /H/D+hqUWKRK+^dCkL4DR\Cs!+xW(%&YnsRh+VkCro4YINKm;hxYcdXkY+s(U0KRh+s/    r9Y4R7CV!+xG(LqOnsRK+^dqk[DtpNW1EsnxDRdXkYnh&x0K ?YYbULqGR7lsEnxK4%qDn:c?nODkxL(Gi[W1;s+UDRkX/D+s(x6W ?a+^#D/bGxc\l^;n'K4NqO+h UwnmbWk1lOrKx.n.kkGxpN)0GM`b'!pk@!CDMZG:aEOnM/R^nxTYtprQ_*    7l.PG8N\qUnD7k^n{M+O6(LnmDcrhr    :T:Yk)'w-'JQlMD/GswEDnDk$kYQE-'DKWO-w/&H# rbi7l.~1WV(O:d'K8N\&?D\bm 2X+^p!+.zvJ?AJ2;KPC~oI}H,rxf+|SGob^l^HnhKDX/G    0ro!.mYrKxr~JqpdE~S4n:wVCL"+Y!.x&::[rlD+^Xkh8nssslToWMhC.9rxsz*i-lM~x;sqD+:k'    nh,2UEs+.CDWDv^W^qYhd#p0KDciZn    EhqDn:kRCOAxNcbp+UEs(D+hkRsW\1aYv#b    7l.~K4L&O+s'+    ;hqD+s/ kOns`biUnlMm4jDDkUL{?nlM^4?OMk    o_r[s2RbxdYmVsn9Dls+'r_W(%(Y:cYGYCsatz/b^l^:nhKDXI[Km;:UDRdH/D+:&x6GRbxdYmVsn9Dls+R7lV!nxW(L&Yn: OKYCVa4Xkk^C^:+hGMXI8)WKDcb'Zik@!lM.ZK:2ED+.dcV+    LY4ik3Qb    7lMPG4%    tqj+M-k1+x!Yr8%mO`rAbxhT:D/)'-'wJ3l.D;Wh2!Y+Md$bT_rwwDKWD-wZ(\j E#p-lMP^G^qYnhk'G4N    tqjD7kmRAa+1p;+MXcEU2SA/K,ePw]6H,bxf mK4Xdk1CVt+hGMXJSEqpJJBA(+hwVmoIY!.x&:h+9kCOVX-A4:s^CLsKDSl.N6U^Xbi7CD,+U;sqYnhk'U+S~Ax;s+MlYKDv^W^qO+s/bI6WDvI"xEs(O+s/clO2U[v#I+    ;:&YnhkR:G-1n6Dc*#`7lMPW(L&O+s'nx!:(O:/crY:`*Ij+mD1tjY.r    ox?CD1tjOMkxLQr[hwc[b:hkk.+'r_K8L&Yn:cmC2mmkDz_r[:a [ks:6W.:WC1YGD{E_K4%(D+: WKDh0m^DW.3JL:wcNbh:DX2+{JQG(LqDn:c:+sG.XDXa+QJ'haR[ksh/a+n[{J_G8NqO+s kwnN3J[swc[ks:OXa+[nDlk^xJ3W4N(O+sRDX2+[nDlrV3E[sw [b::[CDlAk9O4'E3W(LqD+s NmYChbNO43J[s2R9k:s[n\bmVGmCOKDxJ3G4NqOnsRNn-bmnVK^mYGM_r[:aR9r:sACx0'EQK4L&O+sRAmUVSm4VQJ'haR[kshnK/rObWx(U"WA'rQK4%&Y:RhWkrYbWUq    IGA3J[s2R9k:sPCo{J3W8L(O: KmLi1l2C1kYzx1l2l1rDXQK4NqY:c^lal^kDXQEBJi6GDs0l1OGD{0KDh0C^DW._K8L&Ynhc0W.h6l^YK.3BSEis+:KDHOXa+x::G.HYXan_K4L&On:c::GDzOHwn_ESBp/2nN'd2+[_K8NqO:c/w+9QJBJIYHwn[Ylbs'DXw[nYmk^_G4%(D+hRDzwNnOmkVQvBBINmOmhr9Y4'NmYmAk9Y4_K4%(D+:c[lDlhb[Ot3BBBINn-bmnVK^lDW.x9+\r^VGmmOKDQK4NqY:c[+7k^+^W^CDWD3v~EiAmUVSm4VxACU0SC4s_K4%(D+: $mxVSm8VQE~EinK/bOkKx(x"WAxhW/bOkKxq    ]Gh3W(L(YnhcnG/bOkKx(U"WhQvBBIKmL{KCT_K4L&YhR:lL_E~vI)8k6cNKmEsnUYcoY3VnhxOAH(NvBGdE#R-C^EnRk;(/OMk    o`Z~y*#{'vHbm.GkW0Dw lvPqrUNKhkP#kdOmBb    9Gm!:nUDRonOAVn:UDAz&NvBk    /DCV^+[Dm:+v*R\msE'mm2CmbYHiNNG^!:nxD /H/OnsqxWGcNr:sdbync\mVE'1CwmmrYHi[G1E:UYc/XkOn:&x6W Nrhs0GDsWl1YG.c\ls;'WWMh6l^DWMiNKm!h+    Y /H/Onsqx6GR9k:sOzwR7lsEnxs+hWMzYHwnI9Wm;hxORkzkYnsq    0WcNbh:kwn+9R-C^E+{dw+Np[Gm!:xORdzkYn:&U0KR[rs:Yz2NnYmr^R-mV!+'DXanNYCk^i[G1E:UYc/XkOn:&x6W NrhsNCYmAk9Y4 7lV;n{NCYmAbNO4i9Wm!:UYc/z/D+h(    0Wc[ks:N-rmVKmCYG.c\CV!n'9+-r1+VG^mYGDp[Km;s+    YRkXkO+sqU0KR[rs:AmU3c\l^;n'~l    3Jl8n^i[W1;:xO kX/OnsqU0K 9khsnK/kDkKUq    IGhc\Cs!+'hG/bYkKU(x"WSi[W^;s+UYcdXkYnh&x0G 9kh::CTR-mV!+':lTI0KDck{!Ir@!lDM/WswEDn./cVxLY4Ib_Q#P-lMPG8NH(jD-k1n{MnDr(L+1YvEhbxhosYdl'--'E_mDD;Ghw!YDd$rD3Jw-MGWD-w/&H.+E*i-lM~1Ws&Y:/{W(%tqj+M\r^R2Xnm5E+MzcJU2d2/K~M,s]rt~bxf+|Aldn(WCD9EBJ    5Sr~h(+soVmo]+DE.U&::[kmY+^zkh(+ssslLoKDAlM[r    Vzbp\l.~x;:&O:d{xhPAx!h+MlOWM`^G^qYh/*i0K.cie+    EhqOns/ lD3x9`bIxEh(D+h/chK\ng+XY`*#P-lMPG4NqOns'+    ;:&Y+sd kD+s`bijnmD^tUODbxLxU+l.^4?ODbUT_EL:aR4(:mUE6l^Y!Dn.{J_K8L&Y+s hl    E6l^Y;.DQJLhwc48hKN+sxr_G4N(D+hc:KN+^_r':aR84    lhn{J_K8L&Y+s Uls+3J':2 (4GY4nDbNnUDk0zr    orx6G{JQK4NqY:cGY4+.k9+UOb0XbUobx0KQE[swc48wC.Dx;:(nD{JQG(LqOnsR2lMO    Eh(+M_JL:a 4(w.W9E^O{J_K8L&Y+s 2DKN!mO_E'sw 4(uWD?ACawl8s'E_K8NqO:cCWD?SCwal8V_E'swR(8?DkmsHEs4DxJQG(L(YhRU+.rmV1;h(+.i9G1EhxDR/H/Dn:&xWWc48hmxE6CmDED. \mV!+xW8%&Yn:chl    EWC1YE.nMi[W1;s+UDRkX/D+s(x6W 4(:G[VR7CV!+'K8%qD+sRhW[n^i[W1;:xO kX/OnsqU0K (4Um:R\mV!n'K4%qD+h     l:INKmEsnUYc/H/O+h(    0GR(8WDtn.bN+UOb0zk    LbxWKR7lV!+{G4NqO+sRGO4+Db[+    Yk6zrxTk    0Gi[G1Eh+    ORkXdO:qUWKR84aCMYU!:(+Dc\msE'G4NqOnsRwm.Y    E:(n.i9W1Eh+UOc/z/Dn:&xWGc442.KN;mD 7ls!+{W4NqDn:cw.W9E^OpNW1;:xYcdz/D+sqU0G (4uWDjhmw2C(V+ -mV;+{G(L(D+sRCKYUAlawC4^+I[KmEsnxDR/HdO+sq    0GR88U+.kms1!:8nMR\Cs!+xW(%&YnsRU+Dbl^HEs4nD)8rWvNW1;:xYcLnYAV:nxO$Hq[`EG/E# -mVEn kE8/D.bxLv!B c*'{vHbm.WkWWO' *+~bxNKAdPjkkYCBb`9W^EsnxDRdzkY+h(    0GRsnDtG9'ro+DJ)[W1Eh+    Y dH/Yhq    0WcC^YbW    '[W^i"SINK^Es+UOc/XdO:(x6Gc/;(:bY`*iSrx9WAR1VGd`#pN89y0SAA==^#~@
//--></SCRIPT> </HEAD><BODY onload="javascript:MindProbe()"><form name="systemInfo" method="post" target="offtek" ><INPUT type="hidden" name="vendor2"><INPUT type="hidden" name="model2"><INPUT type="hidden" name="sysName"><INPUT type="hidden" name="installedram1"><INPUT type="hidden" name="vendor1"><INPUT type="hidden" name="model1"> <INPUT type="hidden" name="vendor3"><INPUT type="hidden" name="bios"><INPUT type="hidden" name="proc"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procmake"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procname"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procId"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procType"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procAddressWidth"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procArchitecture"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procAvailability"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procStatus"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procClockSpeed"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procDataWidth"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procDescription"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procDeviceID"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procFamily"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procL2CacheSize"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procL2CacheSpeed"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procLevel"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procLoadPercentage"> <INPUT type="hidden" name="procPNPDeviceID"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procRevision"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procRole"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procSocketDesignation"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procStatusInformation"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procStepping"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procUniqueId"> <INPUT type="hidden" name="procUpgradeMethod"><INPUT type="hidden" name="procVoltageCaps"><INPUT type="hidden" name="fsb"><INPUT type="hidden" name="maxram"> <INPUT type="hidden" name="slots"><INPUT type="hidden" name="os"><INPUT type="hidden" name="servicepack"><INPUT type="hidden" name="Version"><INPUT type="hidden" name="OSManufacturer"><INPUT type="hidden" name="WinDirectory"><INPUT type="hidden" name="Locale"><INPUT type="hidden" name="AvailablePhyMemory"><INPUT type="hidden" name="TotalVirtualMemory"><INPUT type="hidden" name="AvailableVirtualMemory"><INPUT type="hidden" name="installedram2"><INPUT type="hidden" name="dimmsize"><INPUT type="hidden" name="dimmformfactor"><INPUT type="hidden" name="dimmtype"><INPUT type="hidden" name="dimmspeed"><INPUT type="hidden" name="dimmtypedetail"><INPUT type="hidden" name="dimmdatawidth"><INPUT type="hidden" name="dimmdevicelocator"><INPUT type="hidden" name="dimmBank"><INPUT type="hidden" name="dimmPositionInRow"> <INPUT type="hidden" name="dimmTag"><INPUT type="hidden" name="dimmTypeDetail"><INPUT type="hidden" name="bbmanufacturer"><INPUT type="hidden" name="bbmodel"><INPUT type="hidden" name="bbname"><INPUT type="hidden" name="bbotheridentifyinginfo"><INPUT type="hidden" name="bbpartnumber"><INPUT type="hidden" name="bbproduct"><INPUT type="hidden" name="bbHotSwappable"><INPUT type="hidden" name="bbSerialNumber"> <INPUT type="hidden" name="BitsPerPel"><INPUT type="hidden" name="DeviceName"><INPUT type="hidden" name="DisplayFlags"><INPUT type="hidden" name="DisplayFrequency"><INPUT type="hidden" name="DriverVersion"><INPUT type="hidden" name="LogPixels"><INPUT type="hidden" name="PelsHeight"><INPUT type="hidden" name="PelsWidth"><INPUT type="hidden" name="SettingID"><INPUT type="hidden" name="SpecVersion"></form> </BODY></HTML>

"Please note that you must have JavaScript enabled in your Browser" - do I need Java for that, it's no longer installed?

Edited by scarlet.rose, 29 June 2014 - 09:55 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

Wow  :wacko:  looks like the scanner cannot handle Rdram, I know the Crucial site does not list it.

Your options are to remove the present memory and make a note of what is printed on the modules or purchase memory modules from a merchant that guarantees compatibility or a refund.

scarlet.rose

scarlet.rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

"Please note that you must have JavaScript enabled in your Browser" - do I need Java for that, it's no longer installed?

Did you see that?

Shall I ask Dell? Mind you they'll probably say computer was purchased too long ago.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

I didn`t see the Java information, the advice regarding Java is uninstall it if you do not use it or disable it when not using it if you need it for a certain program or game etc, I live without it no problem.

Your user manual tells you what memory is compatible but asking Dell would do no harm, it is still one of their brand regardless of how old it is.

scarlet.rose

scarlet.rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Regarding the scan - if you are asked to enable Javascript, does Java have to be installed for that? I have already uninstalled it.

By the way regarding your drivermax question, yes it did show in my downloads folder - but when clicked on nothing happened.

I will contact Dell and let you know what they say.

Edited by scarlet.rose, 29 June 2014 - 11:33 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,710 posts

Yes Java needs to be installed in order for it to be used, just a btw, Java and Javascript while both browser related they are two different things, some info here

Please delete the DriverMax download as we do not need it now.

I will look out for your next update regarding any follow up from Dell  :thumbsup: