Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Boot files missing

• Please log in to reply

Miles goll

Miles goll

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Is there a way to restore boot files without a cd or hard drive because windows 8 came pre installed
- I am using an acer predator ag3
- not too experienced in computer software...
Is there a way I could just reset this to factory settings to correct the boot files or what?
Please help soon thanks!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Google search found this:

eRecovery Management

Most Acer desktops, as well as notebooks, include eRecovery Management, a program that allows users to restore to factory settings. Users can access the program by clicking Start > All Programs > Acer > Acer eRecovery Management. From the menu on the side panel, click Restore and then choose Complete Restore System to Factory Defaults. Follow the confirmation screens until the process begins.

Miles goll

Miles goll

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Too late... Unfortunately I have already spent the 200 dollars at my local best buy to have the geek squad reinstall windows and wipe the computer, abut at least I get free virus protection with it... Because I didn't have any before so that might be the reason behind the files getting corrupted!
Thanks for the help anyways, I really appreciate it!

Agent Shark

Agent Shark

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Too late... Unfortunately I have already spent the 200 dollars at my local best buy to have the geek squad reinstall windows and wipe the computer, abut at least I get free virus protection with it... Because I didn't have any before so that might be the reason behind the files getting corrupted!
Thanks for the help anyways, I really appreciate it!

I feel bad. That's a total rip off for something so simple. If you had waited, I'm sure a Geek would've been able to do this for you...free of charge!

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

I feel bad. That's a total rip off for something so simple. If you had waited, I'm sure a Geek would've been able to do this for you...free of charge!

If folks want something doing on their computer instantly  (without waiting too long) especially over a weekend then they have to get used to the idea of paying for it....

:D