Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lag spikes when playing online games, please assist.

• Please log in to reply

thomashpotatoes

thomashpotatoes

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Dear Geek To Go,

I have had problems in the past with my computer and I was helped fantastically by this community. I am here yet again but with a minor issue. As the title stated, I have huge lag spikes when playing online games such as counter strike global offensive, or league of legends or any games that require a constant stream of online game data. I tried everything myself to diagnose it and fix it but with no avail. I did the following things:

• Performed a OTL test and I have taken the liberty to attach it to the post.
  • Performed malware scan with malwarebytes anti-malware software --- Nothing of significance
  • Performed a scan with antivirus software.  --- Nothing of significance
  • Performed both pingtest and speedtest. --- Nothing out of ordinary, same speed and ping as before

This has been happening since last Wednesday or Thursday, so couple of days ago. I can browse internet and stream videos fine, even downloading with no problem. 

If someone can shed some light on what I should do or how I can approach this issue, that would be greatly appreciated. Much thanks in advance! 

Thomas

Attached Files

• Attached File  OTL.Txt   104.91KB   179 downloads

Edited by thomashpotatoes, 08 June 2014 - 06:04 PM.

Advertisements