Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 8 0xc00000020 error

• Please log in to reply

wfd31r

wfd31r

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

I'm looking for help to clear up an error code in Windows 8 0xc0000020, "C:\Program\Dell Support Center\CommandLine.dll"  This box comes up on every startup.

How can I prevent this from occuring.

Thanks

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hello wfd31r

Try the Dell diagnostics tool here

You have post Windows 8 above, if you have not yet done so upgrade to 8.1 while it is still free, it may also resolve the error code if the Dell tool does not do so.

wfd31r

wfd31r

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Thanks for your reply.  I have attempted to use the Dell Diagostics tool without success.  I hangs up, anc will not advance thru the diagnostics.

As for upgrading to 8.1, have been very reluctant to do this due to all the negative press and difficulties in loading.  Plus issues with printers no longer working, etc.

Any other suggestions? 

Thanks.

wfd31r

wfd31r

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Hello wfd31r

Try the Dell diagnostics tool here

You have post Windows 8 above, if you have not yet done so upgrade to 8.1 while it is still free, it may also resolve the error code if the Dell tool does not do so.

Thanks for your response.  I attempted to use the Dell Diagonstics tool without success.  It hangs up and will not advance thru the diagnostics.

As for upgrading to 8.1, I have been very reluctant to do this due to all the negative press and difficulties in loading.  If someone can tell me why I should, than I might consider it.

As for the originial error code problem, it is still an issue.  Any additional assistance or advice will be greatly appreciated.

WFD31r

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Install CCleaner slim.

Click on Tools then Startup.

Look for programs and services from Dell that are starting.

Disable them a few at a time till you find the one causing the error.

Re-enable the rest if you want.

wfd31r

wfd31r

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Install CCleaner slim.

Click on Tools then Startup.

Look for programs and services from Dell that are starting.

Disable them a few at a time till you find the one causing the error.

Re-enable the rest if you want.

Hi, I installed CCleaner slim.  Ran the Analyze function, clicked on tools and startup, anf did not locate any Dell services or programs that were loading on startup.

I did not run the CCleaner full function to repair any DLL issues.  Is there anything I missed using this program?  Can I get into trouble checking out the registry functions?

Thanks for your help.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

I just wanted you to click on Tools then the Startup tab to see if there are any Dell entries in any of the 5 areas listed.

Would you do that again for the Windows startups then click on Save to text file at lower right. Then post the content of the saved file here (default is startup.txt). Repeat for Scheduled Tasks.