Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My internet is insanely slow just on my computer

Internet

• Please log in to reply

Qw743

Qw743

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Recently I have been having a lot of problems with my internet just on my computer.  Normally, with my regular slow connection I can get about 300KBs, but now I am lucky to get 30KBs!  It is unbearable, I can't do anything involving the internet on my desktop.  It has a ethernet connection and a wireless connection, using one nor the other increases speeds at all.  My old download speed on speedtest.net was about a 2.99 Mb/s, which has now decreased to about a .45 Mb/s.  I am hoping I won't need a new network card but that may become an option.  Any other information needed I can attempt to provide.  Someone please help me, I have been searching the internet for answers and none of the solutions seem to work!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

:welcome:    Qw743

Download then run Speccy and post the resultant url for us please, details here