Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware check requested [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

scarlet.rose

scarlet.rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

When I log into my bank they are suggesting I install Rapport security software.

What are your thoughts on this please, should I?

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Yes, Trusteer Rapport is a security plug in that will immediately warn you if you are not on the legitimate bank site https://www.trusteer...rusteer-rapport

The downside to this is that on XP it may slow your system down a bit

Your bank should give you a download link, if not use this one http://www.trusteer....rotectYourMoney

scarlet.rose

scarlet.rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Ok :)

Yes, they did provide a download link.

Re: Windows Updates: As you can imagine the word XP isn't going down well with Microsoft......

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I can imagine, as I say I can longer find any of the old KB downloads on the MS site. It looks as though they have pulled the plug with a vengeance

scarlet.rose

scarlet.rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Failed installation!

"Trusteer Endpoint Protection Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your computer has not been modified."

It was, I have program files and Rapport exes in Task Manager. My computer was crawling. Opened Process Explorer to try and stop the exes until I find a solution - 0xC000021A BSOD before I could do so!

Restarted computer, Rapport pop up - "Issue with installation, do you want to stop the service", clicked yes.

Nothing in Add/Remove programs for Rapport. Need to remove this failed installation - will have to get in touch with them.

Have to go out soon.

Edited by scarlet.rose, 22 June 2014 - 08:03 AM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
You will need to use the utility as it installs some low level drivers. As long as your bank does not make Rapport a requirement Avast will give you phishing protection

scarlet.rose

scarlet.rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Thank you for helping. :)

Run the uninstall utility - there is still a Trusteer file in Program Files. How do I find / remove all remnants please?

No, my bank does not make it a requirement.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Right click the folder in Programme files and select delete.. Job done :)

scarlet.rose

scarlet.rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Done, thank you. My computer seems to know when it's not going to get on with something.......blocks its installation. :)

Some good news (followed advice / information I was given).

3 Windows / Internet Explorer Security Updates successfully installed (including May 1st 2014 one).

No problems - Internet Explorer functions normally, Internet Options opens. :)

1. KB
2925418 > aut reboot

2. KB2936068 > aut reboot

3. KB2964358 > aut reboot

When I've had a little rest from all these issues I will report back to phillpower2.

Edited by scarlet.rose, 23 June 2014 - 06:28 AM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
So all appears well in your part of the world then :)

Advertisements

scarlet.rose

scarlet.rose

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Yes, trying to make my computer as good as I possibly can, as far as what I can cope with doing myself.......with help getting there bit by bit.

:)

Edited by scarlet.rose, 23 June 2014 - 07:38 AM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.