Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fading in web browsers

• Please log in to reply

Simondo

Simondo

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Hello!

As of recently, my web browsers have begun to fade or change the brightness on some particular websites. I also notice it gets darker the more I go down the page.

I think, although I am not completely sure this might have happened after I installed new AMD drivers for Watch_Dogs however I am not completely sure.

For example, this website is fine, Reddit is fine, all nice and bright. But when I go onto something like Icefilms.info, I see an fade. I actually see it transition.

I've tried googling it and everything but I cannot find any answers at all and it's driving me insane!

Please could any shed some light (No pun intended)?

Many thanks.

Simondo

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

What fade/transition? The background on icefilms.info is totally black.

Simondo

Simondo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

"What fade/transition?"

I mean, no disrespect, but this is why I made the post. Because I can only assume yours is working properly and you don't see the fade, the incredible drop in brightness on some webpages. And no, it's not because it's black, it also happens to be the more I scroll down on certain pages the less the brightness becomes.

And it has nothing to do with my accidentally changing the brightness settings with my mouse wheel. I've tested on various webpages.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Can you post a video that shows the problerm?

Simondo

Simondo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Can't seem to get a video. Let me better describe it.

When something on my browser has a dark background, my brightness lessens too.

EDIT: I know this looks like I'm incredibly stupid. I know how it sounds :P But I can assure you something have changed! =[

Edited by Simondo, 13 June 2014 - 02:57 PM.

Simondo

Simondo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

I think I've fixed it!!!!

I was watching Game of Thrones and I noticed when it's a dark scene the brightness auto-adjusts itself. So it got me thinking.

I went through the menu options in brightness on my screen and it was using something called Magic Adjust on the Brightness Setting. I switched that onto Custom and now it doesn't seem to be switching between light and dark brightness settings.

Just thought I would post just incase someone else has a similar problem.

I'm still unsure as to why it became changed. But oh well!

Thanks anyway for trying to assist me.

Simon

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Good to hear you were able to figure out what the problem was. Thanks for letting us know. :)