Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gaming (requirement) noob here, paranoia regarding Ghz

GHz game requirements noob

• Please log in to reply

Sarquael

Sarquael

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Important:

I have an I have a quadcore processor and when I checked it shows that it has 1.5 ghz each and I'm playing a game that requires 2.66 Ghz will I have a problem regarding performance or can it work at the same time and use 3 ghz for one running game?

Not really important:

also does that mean that it has a total of 6 Ghz? This has been bothering me for a while, I'm sorry if this might sound... dumb or something. I'd hate to buy a game and find out my computer can't run it. I read that a quad core was good for multitasking and a dual was better for gaming but in my case is this true? I'm really confused with all these information I've dug up just to see if I can play a game and I'm not quite sure what's going on anymore @.@

I didn't buy the laptop for gaming so I didn't consider some important things when I bought it. Thankfully, when I started venturing into gaming it seems that it met almost all of the requirements, except for graphics. I have intel 5000 and Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. Sadly, they don't seem to like each other so I can't play the blasted game.  I've been told that there was a patch (I think) that was made so that intel users can play AC but I'm not sure. I don't understand why I can play Skyrim V and have smooth game-play and I can't even start AC IV (it's already installed)

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

:welcome:    Sarquael

Please post the brand and model name or number of your notebook for us.

Can You Run it is a good source for checking whether your notebook is capable of running a specific game, see here

Please note that you need to tick the Follow this topic tab, to the right of the topic title box, you will then receive notification of any reply :thumbsup: