Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 8 and Epson CX 6600 All-in-One (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

jbljohn

jbljohn

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

I can not get my Epson Printer/Scanner to load onto my Windows 8 computer.  The computer recognizes the printer but advises the software is incompatible and that the 64 bit Windows Compatibility version I need is unavailable.  HELP! 

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Hello jbjohn,

Too little information to go on in your OP I`m afraid  :(

Can you tell us if the printer is a new addition to your system or if you have just upgraded to Windows 8 etc, any troubleshooting steps that you have already tried etc, Epson Windows 8 64-bit driver package available from here

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Phil,  New computer Lenovo - old Epson that worked fine on Windows XP.  How do I know what port the printer is going to when I do the manual install?   What other info do you need?

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

I have now been advised by Epson support that there are no Drivers for the CX6600 that are compatible with Windows 8.  Thanks to all for your assistance.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

So what are the drivers at the Epson link here

If the drivers at the above link are not the correct ones you can try the Windows 7 or Vista drivers, be sure to create a new restore point before ever updating or installing new drivers.

jbljohn

jbljohn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

I installed the suggested drivers and they don't work.  Contacted Epson support and they confirmed that they do not have drivers that support Windows 8 for the Epson CX6600 All-in-One.  New All-in-one purchased.  Thanks for your help!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Sorry to hear that the drivers did not work out, thank you for the follow up and I hope that you have no problem with the new printer  :thumbsup: