Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Screen Suddenly went blank... Help Please

• Please log in to reply

imdabs

imdabs

• Pip
  • 2 posts
HI,
I was working on my laptop for few hours..and suddenly now screen went blank... and wont comeback... i tried rebooting it but still no avail.... it wont show even the initial bios setting.. i tried to connect it to desktop monitor still blank.. but hard drive light wont go off (it is not blinking it just switch on and remain that way)...

And if i remember correctly 20-30 minutes before this happened my laptop battery light went red (which means it is charging) though it was fully charged though i ignored it...

My system configuration:

NEC Versa E680.. around one year old but heavily used.. left switched on most of the times...

1.6 GHZ centrino..

772 MB DDR ram (512 dimm installed just last month)
40 gb Hard drive
XP home SP2 with all updates
video card not sure but searching on net shows similar system with Intel Extreme Graphics DVMT Video Controller
Video Memory: shared: 32 OR 64MB(not sure)

Please help.. i have got lots of imp data on this machine...

Thanks in advance..

REgards
Dabs

Advertisements

imdabs

imdabs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have also tried take off the battery.. and i suspect there is no fan activity thought there is sound of Hard drive moving i guess.. caps lock /num lock light wont switch on.. though putting a CD in drive will do some action though nothing i can use/.. may be it is because of fan failure??