Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Extremly Slow System Performance, System Freezing... [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 624 posts

Avast shouldn’t cause a problem when installing Flash or Reader.

The Flash Player installer should prompt you to begin installation after the download is complete so if you try to run the [b].exe file[.b], you will end up having 2 installations running at the same time which will give you the error “only a single instance of this application can run"

If you are still having problems, can you tell me which browser are you using to try and install Flash?

Also, what is the problem with Reader?

Advertisements

paren12

paren12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

I believe the problem is that the download never occurs. I get all the prompts at the bottom to start the download and to allow it to download but then nothing happens.  I have been trying to use IE.

paren12

paren12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

I can get the install file to download onto the desktop but when I try to run it, nothing happens.

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 624 posts

Let’s make sure that Flash is uninstalled completely.

• download FlashUninstaller from here
  • save the file in a location where you can find it easily after you restart your computer, (for example, your desktop).

Try getting Flash Player from this website, (for Internet Explorer).

Let me know how that goes & if we are getting nowhere, I’ll give you a link to one of our other forums where they have experts in this field, (which I am not), and they’ll be able to find the problem.

paren12

paren12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

I was able to download and install both adobe programs from the other site. I have also completed the other steps mentioned previously.

If there is nothing else that you would suggest for me to do, then all I can do is thank you for your time and assistance. I wish I could repay you....maybe with a pint at the pub during a Reds v. Blues... but obviously that is not possible.

Thank you anyway.

Regards,

paren12

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 624 posts
I wish I could repay you....maybe with a pint at the pub during a Reds v. Blues... but obviously that is not possible.

I'll think of you at both of our meetings this season and we can exchange virtual pints! :cheers:

all I can do is thank you for your time and assistance. I wish I could repay you

We are all here to help and do it on a voluntary basis; if I've helped, that's all the reward and thanks necessary.

Good luck

Satchfan

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 624 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.