Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Driver.cab

• Please log in to reply

Pa1n

Pa1n

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
hello all I am in need of assistance.. I just installed windows my comp windows formated the driver but while installing it said it was lookin for driver.cab and i kept getting the same messege so I skipped it and clicked on when I got the warnings that windows might now work correctly, So now when I try and install any hard ware its keeps askin me for the xp cd which i do have, It had never done this and now I am thinkin its related to that driver.cab file I skipped. How can I fix this? :tazz: ;)

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter to replace the system files, you get a blue progress bar

Try here for Windows Installation CD to repair the current installation

http://www.theelderg..._windows_xp.htm

Pa1n

Pa1n

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter to replace the system files, you get a blue progress bar

Try here for Windows Installation CD to repair the current installation

http://www.theelderg..._windows_xp.htm

View Post

Thanx I'll try option 1 lol kuz I just setup my drives for raid and dont wanna mess anything up in case s omething does happen ;) :tazz:

Edited by Pa1n, 10 June 2005 - 09:43 AM.

GODSP33D

GODSP33D

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i am having this exact problem. i have a question regarding the problem itself though, what would cause this to happen? im trying to install win xp on a 200 gig hard drive thats partitioned three ways. 50/50/100, and im trying to install on one of the 50's. could it be a conflict, caused by the 137gig barrier?

i havn't tried your suugestion yet, i've since formatted the drive uptenmillion times, so i need to reinstall.

thanks in advance

GODSP33D

GODSP33D

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok, well i ran the sfc /scannow and it scanned the sequred windows files and it didn't find any missing files. when during the install it wouldn't install the driver.cab file.

pls help :tazz: